Costa Rica Fishing and Eco Adventure Tours at Crocodile Bay Resort
Review Highlights
Great fishing,eco tours were excellent

Reviewed 5 March 2017
jcdubose48
Tallahassee, Florida
Anniversary Celebration

Reviewed 29 May 2014
PAM J
PICKTON

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 March 2017

The tour of the Chocolate farm was a real treat. The farmer uses every part of his farm to grow herbs, fruit, and the Coca trees. The tour led by Jose' was outstanding, Jose' pointed out all kinds of points of interest around the property. He found a humming bird nest hiding in the shrubs a untrained person would have never seen this treat. The fishing was great on the 2 days that I went.

Reviewed 2 March 2016

I had the pleasure of visiting Crocodile Bay Resort with seven other friends for 4+ days. The accommodations, meals, staff quality and the overall environment were outstanding. We had a terrific experience and brought back a lifetime of memories!

Reviewed 29 May 2014

My husband and I chose to celebrate our 41st anniversary this year with a fishing and sight-seeing trip to Costa Rica at Crocodile Bay. We had checked seasonal fishing calendars for the area and chose to go the 2nd week of March. We fished three days and went on some Eco-tours a couple of days. The resort can tailor your trip to suit your requirements. Some fished every day while others were there fewer days. My husband and I had a boat to ourselves with the Captain and a deck-hand. We didn't have to share our boat and crew with four other fishermen! The resort packed our lunch each day and provided plenty of beverages in keeping with our requests. The hostess checked with us every day to make sure we were satisfied with our provisions and see if there were any other requests. Our guides on the Eco-tours were very informative and well-versed in the flora and fauna! Diego and Dennis were their names. On our fishing days, we caught five sailfish and a marlin, even though they weren't supposed to be "in" that time of year, and six rooster fish one day. We did better than some boats and not as well as others, but we were ecstatic with our results! The resort staff were very friendly and courteous. The food was delicious and ample. We enjoyed our stay immensely and are talking about going back!

Reviewed 13 January 2014

I went inshore fishing with Capt. Humberto, Alan, and Wes. I caught my first two roosters which was the goal.
Dennis is very informative and made for a great guide while ziplining. He drove us around and taught us so much about the existing area.

1  Thank TTL23
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Fishing wasn't great (compared to our trip there 11 years ago), but there are more Eco Tours available now: zip lining, monkey tour, walking rainforest tour, animal sanctuary tour, kayak tours, snorkeling (although the water was very cloudy the whole time we were there), and others.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

The guides were really good at looking for wildlife and took plenty of time for everyone to have a look so there was no feeling of a time table. Very informative and good service.

Reviewed 15 May 2011

Great fishing boats and crew. Extremely professional and friendly. It is not the kind of hotel with beach front rooms but rooms and Villas are comfortable and nice. There is a swimming pool with a heated jacuzzi. Food is good and the service excellent. The Happy hour is something you can't miss!

Reviewed 16 December 2009

First Class service! Everyone was so pleasant and made us feel special, The Fishing was great, The Eco tours fantastic, The Food Excellent. We brought our 4 y.o. son to a place known for excellent fishing hoping there would be things for him to enjoy, He had a blast!! We toured the wildlife refuge where monkeys were holding his hand did the rainforest tour! and best of all Zip Line (yes my son did it to) every night at dinner a staff member would stop by our table and ask what we would like to do the next day and what ever we asked for they provided! Oh yea we also went fishing, The Dorado bite was on I never thought I would be catching and releasing 35+ lb fish, A very well organized operation with great people!!

2  Thank boatking