All reviews sister resort ylang ylang banana pancakes costa rica included breakfast boat taxi rooms are clean middle of town staff was very friendly and helpful per night would highly recommend this hotel bars and restaurants large room air conditioning pura vida jaco birds
Reviewed 13 March 2017

The rooms were clean. The stay included breakfast. The air conditioning in the room worked great. The shower was clean and hot. The wifi worked as advised. For the $25/night (off season), I'd be tempted to stay here for a couple weeks If I had the opportunity.

Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 1 March 2017

I have to say that staying with you was one of my favorite vacation hotels ever,? The staff was extremely friendly and very kind to make you feel right at home.My heart goes out to Esteballi,Susie,Alesandra,Diego,Edwardo.and anybody else that helped make my stay with you a most memorable time in my life.Much love and Pura Vida

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 4 February 2017

The rooms were clean, decent sheets, great shower, free breakfast, and super entertainment. All the hotel personnel were wonderful, polite and knowledgeable. Would recommend highly while in Montezuma.

Reviewed 12 January 2017

My wife and 2 kids stayed at El Sano Banano for 4 days in late December. We had a great time, and enjoyed our stay. Rooms were clean, staff was excellent, offered us us some advice on where to find to good ceviche, and the included breakfast was ample. We didn't make much use of Ylang Ylang's facilities (sister hotel), we did have lunch there and our boys used the pool. Overall would highly recommend staying there.

Metamora, MI

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 3 January 2017 via mobile

The staff are very nice and helpful, the breakfasts were very good the coffee excellent.
There are three tables out front which are the best to sit and watch the craziness go by. Order yourself an Imperial sit back and enjoy the view.
The rooms if you're expecting the Ritz it ain't. There's no hair dryer, fridge or tv, but you do get a room with a view...to the hallway. It has the feeling of "old" Costa Rica. The rooms are not big but they were clean and our shower was huge.

You do get to have the use of their more expensive hotel pool at Ylang Ylang, but be aware the people who work at the reception desk there will make you feel like you don't belong. We had the feeling like we were wasting their time once they knew we were not staying at their resort.
To be honest with the reception we got at Ylang, Ylang, I'm glad we were staying at El Sano Banano it's much more down to earth.
But I have to do a shout out for Andrea our waiter twice at Ylang Ylang he was excellent.

Date of stay: January 2017