All reviewsthe ownerreception arealovely ocean viewssource of informationfantastic yogadel marinternet accessno air conporchtownartistasfriendshipssquirrels
Reviewed 31 March 2016

We stayed in one of the rooms (Not a cabin). The rooms are hot with the AC and the fans are old, dirty and dusty. The rooms are very basic, and be prepared to share your bed with some ants!
We stayed for 6 nights and the linen on our beds were not changed once, when we asked fro an extra towel, we got told that this was not possible. The towels are 20 years old, ripped and faded.
The bath tap kept falling off whilst in the shower and a family of ants were there to greet you. No wifi in the rooms but there is wifi at reception.
It's a short, hot walk into town. Montezuma is a lovely place to stay but perhaps you can find a hotel with AC for the same price to make your stay a little more comfortable and enjoyable.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 March 2016

Hotel Los Mangos is in a great location. You can see the ocean from the hotel, and it's just a short walk to town. There's wifi at the reception area, but not in the rooms. I didn't find that to be a problem since I was never in my room. There also isn't air conditioning, but again that's pretty typical of all the hotels/hostels in town. My room stayed cool at night with the fan on. I stayed in the one of the single rooms. The room was very simple but clean, and it's all I needed for this trip. I recommend staying in the single rooms if you're traveling solo because I was able to meet people more easily. The single rooms also face the ocean and have plenty of sunlight in the morning.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 March 2016

We spent 3 nights here after a mix up at a hotel in town. Frankly, it wasn't a property I would have booked. Why - no a/c (Montezuma is hot!), no wifi in room, quite basic and out of town. But what did I know - it turned out to be a great stay!

Hotel Los Mangos is an easy 10 minute walk from town or a $4 cab ride. The rooms are basic and are cooled through ocean breezes through a screened window and two fans. It got hot during the day, but we weren't in our room anyway! They have a very nice pool in a lovely setting and are situated across the road from a secluded beach. The room was clean and facilities ample. Ours was a full guest room with a private bath, but there are several smaller rooms with shared baths at a lower rate. A shared balcony faced the ocean. Didn't partake in a yoga class but overheard one and it sounded fun!

Mentioned by others, there is an incredible upscale restaurant across the street, also sharing a beautiful setting...

I would stay here again...

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 March 2016

I justed returned from my trip to Montezuma, CR and Hotel Los Mangos...sad to leave. The yoga and surf package are a fantastic value with breakfast in the most scenic spot in Montezuma! Practicing yoga with Dagmar, set to the music of the hang, was excellent! However, Silvia and Lucy also provide an excellent and varietal flows so, you can't go wrong.

As for surfing, Maricio and Randall of High Tide Surf School were patient and knowledgeable guides. Be prepared for a hike to the surf break, but the walk is worth it. The views are excellent, the surf is gentle most days and the perfect place to learn and gain confidence. They will have everything you need at the break so, no need to schelp a board on the hike. If you're an active person, you will love this!

Myself and 2 friends stayed in the main lodge. The rooms are campy, but have have what you need. Again, the value is great! There's some noise from the road, but the resort is quiet and pool is great!

In closing, my time at Hotel Los Mangos was exactly what I was hoping for. If you're a traveller that needs everything to be perfect, you should stay at a Sandals resort. However, if you enjoy culture, yoga, being active, and interacting with new friends, this is a great place! I will definitely be back!

In addition, we met an excellent tribe of traveling ladies to hang with, from all over.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 February 2016 via mobile

I stayed here for 9 nights during my Montezuma yoga and surf vacation package. Room #9 was lovely, with w nice cross breeze and a constant soundtrack of waves and jungle noises. I only had to use earplugs a couple of times when there were some noisy people outside, but was never bothered by the sounds of nature. If you're looking for luxury and air conditioning, this might not be the place for you, but I was perfectly happy here, feeling immersed in the beauty all around me. The pool area was quite nice and I actually liked that I didn't get wifi in my room so I could really unplug (and I could always go to reception if I wanted it). Constantina, the owner of the hotel, was friendly and helpful and I loved all the friendly dogs and cats roaming around. Coffee is available at the reception in the am. There is a little secluded beach across the street that's just perfect for quiet reflection, and playa de los artistas, the restaurant across the street has amazing ambience and food. Short walk into town. I only encountered a few ants and geckos in the bathroom and otherwise had no issue with bugs. Highly recommended, especially for solo travelers on a budget. Even if you don't book though Montezuma yoga (located on the premises), check out a yoga class or two - the teachers are great and practicing yoga with the soundtrack of the ocean and jungle is magical.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled solo