“Great food and Amazing Service!”
Review of Kapi Kapi

Kapi Kapi
Good for: Business meetings, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Kapi Kapi Restaurant is Manuel Antonio's choice for fine dining. Our Asian-influenced seafood, succulent steaks, and original dessert menu keep locals and tourists coming back again and again. Macadamia nut encrusted Mahi Mahi sound delicious? How about sugar cane skewered prawns with a tamarind,coconut, and rum glaze? Our fresh peppercorn-seared ahi tuna is to die for! Start with seafood cigars, our most popular appetizer and finish with the hot chocolate souffle! We are open daily 4pm-10pm on the main road to the park across from Pacific Colonial Condos and Tulemar resort.
Reviewed 11 March 2012

Went to Kapi Kapi for the birthday dinner while in Costa Rica.... WOW! Ambiance was cool and tranquil, the food was to die for and the service was to perfection!

I had the seafood cigars which were like rolled fried mahi mahi tacos with this amazing sambal aioli! Just enough heat, but really made me want more! For the entree I got the steak (I think it was organic beef from Argentina?) but it literally melted in your mouth it was so good. I love steak and try it around often, but this was one of the best (hard to decide between this one or the rib eye cap waygu from stripsteak in vegas).

For dessert... take the servers suggestion and order that souffle ahead of time. It was SO good! The service was perfect (I'm a server myself and it actually made me reflect on my own skills and what I need to improve on!)

Will return on our next visit to MA!

Reviewed 10 March 2012

We were told that this was the best restraunt in town, but we liked a couple of others better

Reviewed 9 March 2012

We went to Kapi Kapi due to the good reviews they received online and lots of advertising we saw. The service staff were cold and un-welcoming; we waited over 30 minutes to get a glass of water to drink. The food was sub-par and 2 people in our group ended up getting sick. I’ve had Lean Cusine meals that were fresher and more satisfying.

The only highlight of our ill-fated visit to Kapi Kapi was the coffee and dessert. I imagine the desserts just came out of a box or maybe some local bakery.

Bottom line, STAY AWAY! Tasteless food, rude staff and extremely $$$$$ considering the overall experience.

Reviewed 8 March 2012

Just a short walk from our hotel,we found this wonderful restaurant, tropical open-air vibe, warm candlelit lighting and cozy intimate ambiance. We started with cocktails, a caipirinha and a guaro drink, very enjoyable. We shared two starters, the Seafood cigars and a lovely fresh salad, both delicious. Then I ordered the Cahuita Grilled Chicken, sort of a Carribean take on chicken and my husband enjoyed his Sugar Cane skewered Prawns.

Friendly, professional service. Although the meal was not cheap, it was one of our better meals in CR and we felt it was good value. Interesting menu, creative flavours well executed.

Reviewed 8 March 2012

The service and food at this place was so good! This is an awesome place to go if you are looking to spend a little more for a nice meal. Very Very good!