Just came back from 4 nights at Buena Vista my husband and I. There is a lot of writing about this place. This is our experience.
We arrived early so our concierge took us to the restaurant by the pool. We were early so we ordered a meal. Me a tuna salad... which I did not like whatsoever and I am not a difficult one. When asked if I liked my meal I said no and was snobed the rest of the time by the male waiter (rude) who is not by a mile a happy person. We avoided this restaurant the rest of the time.
Our air conditionning system leaked ... a lot. We had to stay till they came to fix it one night... only to come back with water all over the floor after dinner. But they did fix it the second time around.
We were not warned about one of the pool being renovated and it was the one closest to our villa. We had to drive to the beach and other pools which was kind of far from our place to walk. Yes there is a shuttle but our time is precious and we did not want to wait for it.
The beach is great. Nice waves sometimes for a good boogie surf. Most importantly it is SAFE for everyone especially for families ie no undertow, no super big waves and nobody selling stuff on the beach. The beach is private and clean. We took advantage of the free kayaking daily and a couple of time took the kayak to the blue floating wharf in the bay to snorkle (with the snorkling equipement compliment of Buena Vista). Saw some cool fish there and no waves will push you onto the coral. In our kayaking trips saw no whales or dolphins
( try Nuevo Vallarta in Feb and you will). I don`t know if there is another nice place with a private and safe beach like this one around...
My favorite restaurant was Se como no. There was a talented signer walking around and making people play the castagnas with him. It was magical when a few fireflies came around to light the whole show.
So our stay at Buana Vista was in general good. A touch pricy... but the fridge was a good size and the rooms were kept clean. The bed comfortable. The air conditionning system had a had time to keep up but hey... it was over 90 F everyday with the sun blasting on the very many windows... yes a 150 degre view up the canopy...so stunning ... and so was the wildlife, especially the birds and I really was impressed with the landscape being an horticultirist. Only wish we had a balcony... felt a bit claustrophobic in our villa without one.
Do I recommend this place? Yes if you have a family because the villas are big for a couple.
We came to see Manuel Antonio and I was disapointed after our trek to Parque National Corcovado. If you want to experience a `real jungle` please give this one a try. You go down south to a a little town of Sierpe (3 hrs drive from Manuel Antonio) take a boat 1.5 hr through a river with mangrooves that will bring you out back to the sea (wild wild ride..) to Bahia Drake. There are many rustic places there to stay and one very luxurious... (we stayed at Vista Drake, not the luxurios one LOL). Got up at 4:30 am had coffee and got on another boat 1.5 hr ride to the jungle for an all day treck, with breakfast and lunch included. The treck was not realy hard. We took our time to observe... We saw way way more animals not seen in Manuel Antonio. On the way down Uvita and Ojochal and Dominical are places worth seeing. Ojochal has amazing restaurants (a french town) and Dominical is a surf town with a great local market worth visiting if you want to buy cheaper souvenirs... you can bargain. Hope it helps... Cheers
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Tulemar Resort The Premier Resort Hotel in Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica Rated as the number 1 resort hotel in Central America and Costa Rica and number 9 in the World by Trip Advisor Tulemar Resort is a full service resort set in the peaceful 33-acre gated and secure Tulemar Gardens Condominium. A wide variety of standalone accommodations are available for our guests, including the famed Tulemar Bungalows & Villas, as well as our luxurious 1, 2, and 3 bedroom Buena Vista Luxury Villas. The property itself is spectacular, nestled in a lush rainforest overlooking the beautiful Manuel Antonio coastline. Surrounded by nature, Tulemar Resort features incredible gardens, walking paths, thriving wildlife, and the ONLY exclusive sandy beach in the region. At Tulemar Resort you will enjoy the luxury and privacy of your very own villa, along with the amenities of a high end resort, including concierge service, daily maid service, 4 swimming pools, beach bar, spa services, tour desk, and the best sunset bar and restaurant in town. We invite you to review our website for photos and details, then book one of these magnificent villas or bungalows and experience the most unforgettable vacation of your life! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia and Booking.com so you can book your Tulemar's Buena Vista Luxury Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buena Vista Luxury Villas Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Buena Vista Hotel And Casas