Buena Vista Villas is overall a great hotel.
The good: The private beach is a huge plus, the monkeys swing right down onto your balcony in the morning. The hotel concierge was most helpful, and made great recommendations. Halfway between Quepos and Manuel Antonio, and short walk to a bunch of great local restaurants. All the rentals on the beach are free of charge, as well as the shuttle around the hotel.
The bad: Property is enormous and grueling to climb up and down the hills. The shuttle is not always readily available, and the beach is a long hike down. None of the pools have a Jacuzzi. The onsite restaurant and the beach front bar are expensive, synonymous with high-priced American hotels. The rooms are clean, but need an update.We had a problem with our room, and management was largely unwilling to help out until I opened a credit card charge-back. Then they offered to upgrade our room at a discount.
The big picture: You would pay probably $700 a night in Hawaii for rooms with these views in a hotel with the similar accommodations. It is a great value and an even better location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Tulemar Resort The Premier Resort Hotel in Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica Rated as the number 1 resort hotel in Central America and Costa Rica and number 9 in the World by Trip Advisor Tulemar Resort is a full service resort set in the peaceful 33-acre gated and secure Tulemar Gardens Condominium. A wide variety of standalone accommodations are available for our guests, including the famed Tulemar Bungalows & Villas, as well as our luxurious 1, 2, and 3 bedroom Buena Vista Luxury Villas. The property itself is spectacular, nestled in a lush rainforest overlooking the beautiful Manuel Antonio coastline. Surrounded by nature, Tulemar Resort features incredible gardens, walking paths, thriving wildlife, and the ONLY exclusive sandy beach in the region. At Tulemar Resort you will enjoy the luxury and privacy of your very own villa, along with the amenities of a high end resort, including concierge service, daily maid service, 4 swimming pools, beach bar, spa services, tour desk, and the best sunset bar and restaurant in town. We invite you to review our website for photos and details, then book one of these magnificent villas or bungalows and experience the most unforgettable vacation of your life! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Tulemar Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buena Vista Luxury Villas Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Buena Vista Hotel And Casas