1,213 results
All reviews bat cave bar sky lounge costa rica swim up bar presidential suite amazing views our honeymoon boutique hotel breakfast was included playa biesanz the main road manuel antonio beach welcome drink wonderful hotel national park pool deck private balcony
Reviewed 24 September 2017

I couldn't say more about this hotel! I'm a little picky about cleanliness and the room was spotless. The bed was very comfortable and there was great water pressure. We had room #3 which was superb and had a private balcony/sitting area with an excellent ocean view of Manuel Antonio beach. My husband and I are vegetarians, and the on-site restaurant had some delicious options for us. Although the accommodations and food were delicious, I would have to say the best part was the service. At the end of our four-day stay, I felt like I was part of a family. The staff was incredibly attentive and we were treated with the highest respect and kindness. Werner, the manager, went above and beyond for us, and our favorite waiter, Josue, was the most courteous, attentive, kind waiter that I have ever met. I highly recommend La Mansion Inn and would love to stay there again.

Stayed: August 2017
La_Mansion_Inn1, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at La Mansion Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2017

Dear robdianaknight,

We want to thank you for taking the time to share your experience in our hotel!

As our slogan: "Come as a guest and leave as a friend", the impression you had during your stay was the one we are looking for in all our visitors!

More than just a hotel, we want to be a place where all our guest feel what "Pura vida" really means!

We hope to see you back soon in our little piece of paradise!

Pura vida!
Waharner V.

Reviewed 18 September 2017

This was a great place to enjoy delicious food and beautiful views. My husband and I love to visit new places and eat at different restaurants. This was a real treat as I had food that I do not normally order and it was amazing! We will definitely come back for the great location and the delicious food! The people were very friendly and accommodating as well. Thank you!!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
La_Mansion_Inn1, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at La Mansion Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

Dear CrTropical2016,

We much appreciate you taking your time to tell us about your stay, and much more your good comments about what La Mansion offers to our visitors.

Our goal is to make you have a good stay and experience during your visit to the area.

You and your husband are always welcome!

Regards,

Reviewed 3 September 2017

We spent 4 nights, having been in two other great hotels already I was really looking forward to staying in 5 star La Mansion Inn. Sadly we were to be totally disappointed with our stay. We arrived at 2:30 to a small reception area without the air condition operating to be told our room was not ready, check in is not until 3pm so no surprise really. So we went to the pool area to wait. There were two main reasons why I chose La Mansion Inn, the first is that children under the age of 12 are not allowed. So seeing a child of about 8 running a screaming around the pool area was a bit of a surprise. We later saw him again playing football at breakfast. At 3:10 we went to reception again and was told we still could not get in our room, we eventually got in at 3:25. I had booked one of the Penthouse rooms as this was our honeymoon. The room was large and spacious with great views of the Pacific. They advertise a mini bar but you have to go down to reception and fill in an order form and then it is brought to your room later, a bit of a pain after travelling for 5 hours then waiting to get into your room. While getting ready for our evening meal we could not find the iron or hairdryer both advertised as being in the room but not. The evening meal was ok, nothing on the standard of the two previous hotels we had stayed at that were 4 star. The other reason I chose this hotel was because of the “The Bat Cave Bar” where you can have a cocktail while you listen to water running and bats overhead etc which they advertise on their website. All a complete lie, as we found out. You can stand in the bar but no chance of getting a drink. This was confirmed by a couple of waiters in the restaurant. Breakfast is advertised as being free and included in the price, but again this is not true, you have to pay a 10% service change (We did not pay this in the other hotels that offered free breakfasts). The very loud jazz music played at breakfast was not appropriate. The Wi-Fi did not work for a day and a half despite it being reported a couple of times. The toilet did not work in our room and we had to get it fixed twice, the shower tap fell off while taking a shower!! On one occasion I went to reception to be greeted by a chap cleaning his teeth and toothpaste running down the sides of his face, the sort of thing you expect in a backpackers hostel not a supposedly 5 star hotel. The gift shop is a joke, it is a glass cabinet with 1 packet of Pringles, sun cream, 3 packets of condoms, some mugs and a few wood carvings. I looked again through the reviews because I could not believe I had made such a bad choice and noticed that on the bad reviews the owner responds by saying there is no record of the reviewer staying. Well I stayed and can tell you that it is certainly not a 5 star hotel more like a 3. The hotel is not very clean but I suspect this is because the owner just does not have enough cleaners hence the later than expected check-in. It is run down and in need of attention but again I think it’s because the owner is not investing in his property and only concerned about profits. Damian the manager, who only came and saw us on departure even though we had spoken to another member of management the day after we arrived and apologised and suggested that I did not do a bad review as they were going to refund the cost of 2 days of the stay.

4  Thank Alan H
La_Mansion_Inn1, Propietario at La Mansion Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

As owner I would like to share with you the correspondence I sent to the Travel Agency that sent these clients before these guests departed my hotel. Luckily we do not get many of these guests. On average we get these kinds of comments about once a year and most of the time there are alternate motives for writing these kind of (single) reviews. While we (and other hotels) are always subject to human and mechanical errors, we do our absolute utmost to please our guests and in some instances offer a "Money-Back Guarantee" in case we can not resolve a problem in a timely manner. In this particular case our staff went out of our way to please this European "Honeymoon" couple by offering them an upgrade, complimentary drinks and a bottle of Champagne, all to no avail and we were not willing to comp their stay for some of their (mostly) trumped-up complaints.

"Dear Yermi,
As you well know, our Motto is "Come as a Guest, Leave as a Friend" and furthermore "The Client is Always Right". However, we had one of our most unpleasant guest experiences in 18 years of operating on Mansion with Mr. Allan Henry and Mrs. Donna Marwick. Let me try to explain:

Upon Check-In on Sunday 20th of August, Mr. Henry and his wife were given our standard personalized Welcome Letter. They had to wait for their room an extra thirty minutes. The reason for this small time delay was that the Operations Manager decided to upgrade them to a Penthouse Suite (they were paying for a Superior Room) as our staff was informed that they were on their Honeymoon (the difference for this Upgrade was $645 plus taxes).

During the time they waited, they were escorted to the pool area and offered two sets of Welcome Cocktails because of the delay. When they came back to the Reception Desk complaining about the presence of "children" at the pool. Later that night they repeated the same complaint to the PM Dining Room Supervisor.

The children in question stayed in a room with their parents and were 8 years old and 10 years old. As you know in rare ocassions, we make an exception to the 12 Year-Old Minimum Age Rule. Other times parents bring them without giving us any notice because they did not read our rules. These guests and their children left the following morning. Mr. Henry and his wife and the family were in two different buildings, the only brief contact they actually had with the children was at that moment at the pool for a short period of time.

Their other complaints came on Monday morning. Mr. Henry talked with our Operations Manager and complained again about the kids, complained about the Cave Bar, Internet Access, a toilet problem and not having a hair dryer in the room.

Our Operations Manager apologized and explained him our Children Policy and that the reason they were in the hotel to begin with was due to a misunderstanding on the part of the parents.

Regarding Cave Bar Access, she explained him that the Cave Bar was unfortunately only open upon request because of the strict enforcement of Health Department Law #7600 that makes us unable to open the bar for regular service due to the lack of handicapped access.

Regarding the internet, this was something beyond our control due to the fact that the whole area of Manuel Antonio had Internet, Phone and Electricity problems, due to a tropical storm that damaged several power lines. It took several days for the Electrical Company (ICE) to restore the utility services.

Mr. Henry also mentioned the lack of an Iron and an Ironing Board in the Suite and our Operations Manager explained that we had a special laundry room for our guests, but we would immediately put these items in his Suite. Regarding the hairdryer, they had two bathrooms available in the Penthouse and the hairdryer was in one of the two bathrooms, not in the one they were looking,

Regarding the toilet problem, our Operations Manager accompanied by a member of our Maintenance Staff, went with Mr. Henry to the bathroom ajnd it turned out that it was nothing more than a loose chain in the water tank which was resolved immediately.

Important to note again that their Penthouse had two bathrooms. Later that day, Mr. Henry called the front desk again and reported the same problem, when Maintenance went back to the Suite they found out it was the same “loose chain” (???).

What strikes us furthermore as strange, is that they never asked to see me, the owner (as the Welcome Letter suggests in case of dissatisfaction) and as "unhappy" as they were, they never went out for food service and enjoyed all their meals on the property.

Why did they not ask your Agency to be moved to another hotel? Regarding their observation about us not giving them anything for their honeymoon is a complete falsehood. The upgrade to a Penthouse Suite, Champagne and restitution of food and beverage money as compensation was well in access of $1000.00

Mr. Henry’s also complained about one of our Receptionists having toothpaste in his mouth, this was due to the fact that he came out from the bathroom while he was brushing his teeth just to let them know that he was going to take care of them in a moment.

In summary, I wish these guests a happy life together. They deserve each other! However, I will not allow them back for their Anniversary and hope they find a place more suiting,

Reviewed 28 August 2017

We celebrated our anniversary at this amazing hotel and it was nothing short of spectacular. I knew immediately that our week long stay was going to be amazing after Warner showed us around the property and the view from our balcony. I can't even begin to tell you how personable the staff were as they routinely greeted us by our first names. You just don't get this type of attention from larger hotels, at least we haven't. A special thank you to Warner, Jeffrey, and Roy for making our stay enjoyable. The hotel iguana, Christopher, was quite a character. Pure Vida! Angie and Rhonda

Room Tip: We were in room 23 and had an excellent view of the ocean. Rooms are spacious
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
La_Mansion_Inn1, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at La Mansion Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

Dear Apurvis,

For La Mansion it is always a pleasure to receive you, we are very passionate about offering the best service to our guest and personalizing it as much as possible.

We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and hopefully be able to receive you again in the future.

Best regards.

Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

The best location in Costa Rica!!! After traveling around Costa Rica for 2 weeks we ended up in this boutique hotel in Manuel Antonio.
Surprisingly for us we got the Presidential Suite, unbelievable!!! The view was out of this world. We enjoyed every second in this place.
Service was excellent, food was excellent, suite was excellent. The whole staff was the best, specially Cristopher, Jorge and Warner.
It was so great that I propose to my girlfriend in this place.
We will never forget this vacations

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Miguel,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us.

Our Presidential suite as well as all our rooms offer the best of the best Manuel Antonio scene.
We are very glad to be able host such an important moment for you and your girlfriend. We hope come back in the future, anniversary celebration perhaps. You will always be welcome.

Thank you for the goood comments about our great staff.

Best regards,,