“Beautiful!”
Review of La Mansion Inn

La Mansion Inn
Ranked #9 of 46 Hotels in Manuel Antonio
Reviewed 3 May 2012

We recently spent 3 nights at La Mansion in Manuel Antonio and found this hotel to be a great place to relax. From the moment we walked through the front door, we felt pampered. We were greeted with a welcoming drink and a tour of the hotel. The pool area and the views from the roof top sitting area are gorgeous and the grounds were very beautiful. The staff was wonderful and went out of their way to please. We were upgraded to a Penthouse room with private balcony for no extra charge and one night we did not want a big dinner so the bar tender in the bat cave went to the kitchen and brought us some delcious chicken nachos. The room was spotless and the beds very comfortable. Overall I would recommend this small, quaint hotel. The only thing lacking is a place to get some snacks when you have the late night "munchies".

Room Tip: I don't believe there are any elevators in the hotel but it is just a couple of short flight of...
1  Thank lovestotravel40678
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for La Mansion Inn

Reviewed 28 April 2012

So excited to be writing my first review! My husband and I just spent 4 of the most relaxing days here. The service is outstanding and our accommodations were a perfect blend of luxury and comfort. The beds were some of the most comfortable I've ever slept on. If anything is not up your liking here, all you have to do is ask and they will make it right. There is even a money back guarantee in the dining room. It really seems like the hotel isn't happy unless YOU are happy. We are already planning our next trip back.

I really recommend the fresh fruit drinks at the pool. And the view enhances everything! It was our first trip to Costa Rica and we were not dissapointed Make sure to visit the beaches in the national park, they are breathtaking. Zip lining was fun though not as challenging as I thought. Lots of wildlife everywhere. And the air is so fresh. Great surfing and boogie-boarding.

I'm almost afraid to tell everyone how wonderful La Mansion is because I feel like I found a little piece of heaven.

Room Tip: All the rooms seem to have a view.
3  Thank MagdalenamNewYork
Reviewed 27 April 2012

The concierge, staff and the view from the hotel are about all that really impressed us during our stay. We stayed in a junior suite which is one of their cheaper options, the room itself was spacious and clean with a lovely view from a small private balcony. However the bed wasn't that comfortable and the food offered at the hotel was overpriced and very average, definitely not up to quality it advertise it's self as.
The breakfast included in the stay was also slightly dissapointing as was only allowed one item off the menu with the option of coffee/OJ anything additional was an extra and also an additional sales tax of 13% was also added on top that. I know it may seem petty but it does add up.

Room Tip: Depending on the season it may be a good option to look at one of pent houses as it offers free food...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
La_Mansion_Inn1, Owner at La Mansion Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2012

Thanks for your review.. In regards to the food service, we are so sure about the quality of our food that we offer a posted “Money Back Guarantee” assurance at the entrance to our dining room should you not like a particular food item in our restaurant. With so many people from all ethnic backgrounds and nationalities visiting our hotel we are very much aware that it is very hard to please everyone all the time. For that reason and for keeping our kitchen staff “on their toes at all times” we offer this policy and this keeps complaints on food service to an absolute minimum.

In appreciate your nice comments on our staff and only wish that you had informed them or the Concierge about your “hard” mattress. They would have replaced this mattress immediately or would have added a soft pad. When I purchased the high-quality orthopedic mattresses for the hotel I select a type of mattresses that, according to the Mattress Company normally appeal to the great majority guests. Just to be sure we keep a few softer type mattresses on hand, just in case a guest asks for a change.

In regards to the breakfast charge, while you are correct about the charge for extra items, our service staff actually seldom charges for these extra items unless our guests go “overboard”. Believe it or not before this policy we had some people actually ordering 2, 3 or even 4 full breakfasts. As you might have noticed we offer a wide variety of breakfast from simple items to Eggs Benedict, Florentine and Eggs with Salmon. I hope you give us a chance to correct you experience and I look forward to meeting you and sharing a drink.

Reviewed 27 April 2012

Full disclosure, I knew Harry (the owner of the hotel) when we worked together in Moscow in the 1990s. Harry is one of those people you meet once in a lifetime. He knows everyone, and after spending 5 minutes with him you feel like you've known him forever.....

And La Mansion inn is an extension of his personality. The moment you set foot in the place you feel like it was built just for you and has only been waiting for your arrival to complete it. Harry has hand picked a staff that lives up to his ideals. From the cleaning crew, to the waiters, to the drivers and the front desk personnel, every single person always had a smile and was willing to do whatever it took to make sure you had the most amazing experience. His staff is also involved in local community programs. We saw a fantastic dance performance the night we arrived put on by a local dance troupe.

More about the hotel.....upon our arrival, my wife and I were given a tour of the property. At the pool, which showcases breath-taking views of the ocean, we were offered welcome drinks and made to feel right at home. I assumed, we had received some kind of VIP treatment, but later in the week, I saw each new guest treated to the same way. Everyone's a VIP at Harry's.

Our first room was spotless, had a super comfortable bed and a gorgeous balcony with ocean views. Each day, fresh flowers appeared on the bed. Our second room, was the Presidential Suite, which was the nicest room I've ever stayed in my life...and my wife and I travel a lot (thanks, Harry!)

The only drawback was that everything is so comfortable and amazing at the hotel, you don't want to leave. Breakfast on the terrace was scrumptious and there is a curious iguana who often joins you on the terrace. Dinner in the Jacques Cousteau restaurant was delicious. And the tropical drinks at the pool bar were fresh and you can't beat the view. Don't miss the bat bar...it's a very unique place to have a drink at the end of the day.

From our room, we saw Monkeys, sloths, iguana's and several types of tropical birds, almost as many animals as we saw in the nature reserve.

I spoke to other guests during out stay to see if my experience was different than theirs...and each one of them all had wonderful things to say about the hotel. They too felt like they each received "special treatment." Anything you need or want can be taken care of for you. Free daily shuttles to the beach make the trip down the hill so very easy.

You don't have to be a friend of Harry to experience this place. His rates are remarkably affordable for every kind of traveller. If you're lucky, you'll run into him and you'll feel like you met a character from a Hemingway novel or classic movie. When we were there he was sitting with the Mayor and the Police Chief of the town.

So, without further ado, I will stake my reputation on Trip Advisor to whole-heartedly recommend La Mansion Inn as a DO NOT MISS travel destination. And if you happen to run into Harry, please tell him Robbie sent ya!

Room Tip: Our room had a balcony but the lower level rooms have nice outdoor spaces.
Reviewed 25 April 2012

We stayed Apr. 2012. We had the Penthouse 1 & adj room. The comfort level of the rooms was great. Mattresses, linens, cleanliness,TV AC--everything was just like you would want it to be.
The outside areas are nice with a lot of patios for sunning and the pool area is nice. The views are great.
I only give it 4 stars because of some of the interior areas. The dining room was not inviting as it was very formal with glass windows that are not made to open so it felt very closed in & stuffy. (We chose not to eat there). If it is raining, the only place to have a drink inside was the "Bat Cave"--a very uncomfortable tight spot to try to have a relaxing drink.
The Included Breakfast was served outside (I don't know what they do if it is raining) but the meal was very good.
They shuttle you to the beach in a comfortable car. The staff was very helpful & friendly. It's kind of a quirky property (for instance, there was a diningroom set with table, chairs & china hutch in our room where I think a sofa & chair would have been more comfortable) I believe it was converted from a private home but it is a very nice botique style hotel and very private & quiet.
Cabs are not expensive to take in to town for lunch or dinner and the Hotel Isimo Suites is right next door with open air dining space (roof covered) & Happy Hour every day.
We would stay at this property again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends