“Awesome!”

Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Asian Take out and Delivery
Reviewed 14 May 2012

I've been living in MA for a year now and just found Ngo about two months ago. I had the vietnamese sandwich sweet and sour chicken and fried rice. The chicken and rice were flavorful but the vietnamese sandwich was absolutely amazing. Since then I have frequently been going Ngo and loving it more and more each time. Their boba tea (which I had for the first time there) was nothing like I have ever had before. The mix between the ice cream, tea, fruit and tapioca pearls were a delicious treat. Many places throughout Costa Rica serve mediocre to decent asian food, but Ngo blows doors on anywhere I've been in Costa Rica. With great food, good atmosphere, and very nice people working the kitchen; I highly recommend Ngo as a lunch or dinner destination if you're going to Manuel Antonio.

Susanheatherj, Owner at Ngo, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2012

We are happy to serve you our Vietnamese sandwich and hope to be able to provide everyone in Manuel Antonio with something different. We are very excited about the boba tea as we are able to offer fresh fruit flavors such as soursop/guanabana to the exotic such as the durian and avocado and always glad to have you over!

There are newer reviews for Ngo

Reviewed 9 May 2012

Visited NGO today for lunch. The quality of the food is fantastic. I had the Singapore noodles and my partner had the sweet and spicy chicken. Mine was delicious as was his. Part of the charm is that you order and get to talk to the owners as they prepare your food...they explain to you the dishes they're making but you also get to know a bit about them and the region. Not only are they great cooks...but they're great ambassadors for the region. They, as well as the food made this visit an absolute joy.
We also had bubble tea....I had the watermelon and my partner had raspberry...and with the owners suggestion it became raspberry/banana...both were tasty and exceeded our expectations.
When we left,we ordered a peanut butter/banana shake to go. It was everything we hoed it would be.
This place is a small, unknown gem on the Manual Anotonio landscape. Give it a try...you won't be disappointed.
The owners are über friendly and really make the place something not to be missed. We will go back before we leave.

Thank you for trying us out while you were here! It was our pleasure to talk to you and I was so happy you tried the boba tea and more so that you loved it. Maybe one day we can visit your neck of the woods so I can bring out my fancy sweaters! Take care and we hope to see you back in Manuel Antonio soon!

Reviewed 22 March 2012

This new addition to Manuel Antonio is sure to be a hit as word spreads about their fantastic Vietnamese/Chinese fusion food and refreshing fruit smoothies. I've eaten here twice now. Once enjoying a Vietnamese sandwich (one of my favorite kinds sandwiches in existence!) which was done very well. Just like any Vietnamese sandwich I've had at any well liked restaurant in big city. Only better, because Kong (the owner) made it with a smile on his face while engaging me in chit chat about local happenings and other entertaining non-sense. Second visit I tired the Lo Mein and dumplings. WOW! SO MUCH FOOD! For $10 dollars. My boyfriend and I both ate and were full...for $10! Aside from the obviously good food, the owners and their service make it a delightful place. You order your food, chat while you watch them cook in the open kitchen, and you're on you're way in no time. They deliver too!!!

1  Thank Ali B

Thank you, and it is our pleasure having you over for lunch/dinner. It is truly our pleasure to be of service to the expats who live here in Manuel Antonio and we will continue striving to bring different tastes to Manuel Antonio.

Reviewed 12 February 2012

Recently opened Great Vietnamese and Asian food at reasonable prices run by a very nice your couple.

Thank you for your review, it was a pleasure to have you here!

Reviewed 27 January 2012

I was in CR for 11 days. I think I ate here about 8 times. Great food, modest price, and conveniently located. Not to mention Kong and Susan are a great down to earth couple. It's nice to chat with local people without the language barrier every once in a while. Be sure to try the pot stickers!

Susanheatherj, Owner at Ngo, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2012

Thank you so much. We certainly enjoyed having you here and hope you come back!