1,065 results
All reviews rooftop bar caravan tour congo restaurant manuel antonio national park public beach costa rica short walk to the beach park entrance floor room fifth floor closest hotel big pool howler monkeys main pool musty smell adult only pool great pool
Reviewed 24 July 2012

The staff was so wonderful & super helpful! Our driver Marmiso had the best customer service I have ever had! He stopped to show us the crocs, banks, grocery store, & to go pay our taxes! All the staff was eager to please us in every way! On our anniversary they gave us a special treat!
The spa is bran new & just beautiful. Carmen also gives great massages & I needed it after walking over the rocks in the waterfalls on the property. My favorite part was the horseback riding tour I'm not going to write about it because I will cry happy tears again. Anyway I highly recommend this hotel that sits right next to the rainforest. This is the first time writing a review but I am so impressed I took the time. I hope this is helpful.

Room tip: I was on the 3rd floor which had the computers but I would think the 6th floor would have a view of the ocean. I basically needed the room for sleep & shower so I didn't want to spend the extra money for an ocean view. I had a jungle view.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
SanBada C, Manager at Hotel San Bada, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2012

Dear Jeanne!

Thank you very much for your wonderful review!

Your review is so correct, we have the best location for the area, few steps from the National Park and so close to the public beach, perfect spot to do romantic walks to the beach and watch breathtaking sunsets during your anniversary.

We are proud of our staff and “Mauricio” is not the exception, very proactive, helpful and attentive to our guest, he wants to share all his knowledge about our country with every guest.

Oh... yes! our spa deserves an entire page to write about the wonderful treatments we offer and after a massage treatment you will feel rejuvenated, our spa as you posted is brand new and offers massage rooms overlooking the abundant green vegetation of the National Park, we do also offer a sauna and a steam room after an invigorating day.

We are glad that you could saw by yourself the amazing property we have at the rainforest with exclusive waterfalls and did the horseback riding tour, this tour is very popular among our Hotel guests and it is a great opportunity to see lush vegetation and the traditional part of Costa Rica. MULGURI is sensational! It's an adventure!

Thanks again for your great review and we hope to host you again in the near future!

Reviewed 22 July 2012

If you are planning to visit the Manuel Antonio area, definitely is cause you are planning to visit the National Park, so a wise decision will be to stay nearby the Park; San Bada is located just next to the main entrance.
I stayed there with my family we left the car on their private parking of the hotel, Dante, the General Manager, help us with the entrance tickets and give us also some advise of what areas visit.
Great food at their restaurant, helpful and pleasant staff, best location of their property, beautiful and comfortable rooms, made our stay more than I can express in words.

Room tip: Higher floors have best view, also visit the pool at the 6th floor
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
SanBada C, General Manager at Hotel San Bada, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your words about our hotel and sharing your experience with others at T.A.!

We were delighted with your visit and pleased to know that you enjoy your vacations while staying with us.

We are glad that you enjoyed our Hotel location, your review title completely accurate "Right next to Manuel Antonio National Park", our free and private parking, our no lines National Park tickets point of sales, and your kind words praising our Congo Restaurant. It was truly our pleasure to have you and your family with us..

I sincerely look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Hotel San Bada!

Reviewed 14 July 2012

My husband I picked this hotel after a lengthy research. We were looking for a great perfect place to spend our 30th wedding anniversary. We had a wonderful time here. The staff were all very very helpful and humble. They succeeded in making our trip a memorable one. The hotel is well kept and the rooms are great. The swimming pool was fun and manuel antonio park is right at the door step. There are many cheaper hotels around but dont even bother. The town is right there and the beach is few steps away. Their adventure packages are a great bargain. Dante, krishne, christian, elijah and marisio were all fantastic.

Room tip: We stayed in a standard room and it was as good as any
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Malapk

Dear Guest

We could not be happier and honored to have been part of your anniversary celebration and making your trip memorable. Also thank you for choosing our Hotel after a lengthy research and we are glad that you were satisfied with your stay.

We are delighted that you enjoyed our staff service and attention, customer service is one of our top priorities and we always strive to demonstrate it with each guest that stays with us.
We want to make Hotel San Bada your home while you are visiting Costa Rica, we are glad that you remind most of our staff names and we feel happy knowing that we help to make your anniversary something special.

Great to know that you took advantage of our Packages, for our triadvisor readers, the Packages are listed on our website, and are designed to satisfy all the needs while visiting the most beautiful beach in Costa Rica!

We greatly appreciate again the time and effort that you took to let us know how much you enjoyed your recent stay here with us. And we hope to meet you again in the near future at our Resort!

Reviewed 11 July 2012

We could not have picked a more perfect hotel for this trip. Right from the pick up at the airport to the day we left, we were treated with such kindness and great service. The hotel is clean, right next to the National Park, a short walk to the beach and the restaurant had great food, too! The room was great -- we had free wifi and saw squirrel monkeys on the trees right outside our balcony. The front desk with the two Cristian's were so helpful - from giving us tips on where to eat and listen to live music and setting up our amazing activities. Elias at the restaurant is the sweetest server you will ever, ever meet. You HAVE to do the MULGURI tour. It is absolutely breathtaking - ride up in an ATV, hike down to glorious waterfalls and end with authentic Costa Rican meal at a local farm. Dante and his staff went way beyond first class service. I've never felt more welcome and had such a great, personal experience at a hotel. If you are ever in Manuel Antonio, this is the only hotel you should stay at. Thank you Hotel San Bada!!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
SanBada C, Manager at Hotel San Bada, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2012

Dear Angelita

We have no words to say how grateful we are for the opinion that you wrote about our hotel and staff.

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel, that you had such an amazing time! We believe that one of the advantages that the hotel has, is the unbeatable location right next, or precisely just five steps from the main entrance to Manuel Antonio National Park, that means that even if you are in the room or at the Hotel grounds you will be always surrounded by nature.

The Mulguri tour is such an adventure! The waterfalls are amazing, and more than amazing exclusive for only our guests, Ah! I almost forget… the horseback riding in the mountains, glad you enjoy all the tour! Our staff, is committed with customer service; and we try to make our guests feel like home!

Thanks again for sharing your thoughts at this forum and we hope to host you again at our Resort!

Reviewed 7 July 2012

Where to start? We could not have picked a better hotel! It exceeded all of my expectations. Probably the best hotel I've ever stayed at - period. The staff was amazing and treated us like family. They knew us by name & did everything to ensure an amazing trip. The shuttle driver who picked us up from the airport stopped to show us crocodiles on the drive in & stopped several times for us to get snacks and water. The hotel staff set us up with amazing activities while we were there. You have to take the tour to MULGURI if you go. Most amazing waterfalls I've ever seen & delicious food at the beautiful local farm. It was my favorite day there hands down.
The hotel itself is just steps from the beach and is the closest hotel to the national park. The perfect location. The hotel was clean & beautiful with two pools. I could literally see adorable spider monkeys swinging from trees right outside my windows. We had free wifi, a huge bathroom w/ a shower & tub. Excellent cleaning staff. And the price is totally reasonable.
The restaurant was 1st class. The friendliest waiters who have ever served me. They surprised us with plates of fresh fruit & blended juice drinks.
I fell in love with Manuel Antonio Costa Rica. And this is the only place I will ever stay there. Thanks to the amazing staff and wonderful hotel owner Dante! I've made friends for life there & can't wait to go back!!!! Thank you Hotel San Bada!!!! :)

Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank megansoffice

Dear Megan

Thank you very very much for your opinion about us, WOW...! We felt totally overwhelmed reading your excellent review regarding your stay.

To start our Mulguri tour has been really well accepted among our guests, we are very glad that you liked it. When we create it, the purpose was to approach our guest to all the wonder and amazing nature vegetation and wildlife, besides the exclusive pristine waterfalls that can be found in the property.

We appreciate your comment regarding our staff service, we are lucky to have really nice people working with us, and all of them are very friendly and helpful with our guests needs.

We are excited that you spotted monkeys during your stay, those are our very adorable neighbors and frequent visitors, besides the deers, iguanas and sloths. Been right next to Manuel Antonio National Park is a great privilege that enables all our guests to enjoy nature, from their balconies.

The staff working at Congo Restaurant is very glad to hear your experience dinning with us, and your review will definitely motivate them to keep doing such a great service.

We cannot be more grateful and pleased that you enjoyed so much our Resort and our country. And we desperately hope to welcome you back again in Paradise!