1,065 results
All reviews rooftop bar caravan tour congo restaurant manuel antonio national park public beach costa rica short walk to the beach park entrance floor room fifth floor closest hotel big pool howler monkeys main pool musty smell adult only pool great pool
Reviewed 24 June 2012

Great hotel and as close as you can get to Manuel Antonio National Park! I was traveling with my kids and the hotel had a great pool and nice rooms for the price, especially compared with hotels through out Manuel Antonio. I would definetely recommend this hotel!

Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
SanBada C, General Manager at Hotel San Bada, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2012

Dear raina2575,

Thank you very much for taking your time and sharing your opinion!

We are very pleased to know that your kids enjoyed the pool; we try to make our hotel as pleasant as possible in an overall way to everybody. Especially we are grateful to all the families that visit us all around the year, and delighted to see adults and kids big smiles faces that make our work the best in the world!

Also we appreciate your review for emphasizing that we are the closest hotel to the Manuel Antonio National Park. And for recommending us to all your friends.

We are extremely pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 22 June 2012

Went to Manuel Antonio National Park and saw this fairly new looking hotel just outside the gates. Stopped in and found that I could book a room for $120....figured what the heck. Room is average but well equipped. None of the rooms have much of a view other than the stretch of jungle between the hotel and the beach. On the 6th floor (Roof Top) is an adult only pool with a bar. Here you can relax with a nice view of the Pacific Ocean and have a drink. Other than the park (which closes at 3pm) there is not a lot to do after 5pm. The hotel has a nice restaurant and the main pool in nice and very kid friendly. Overall, if you want to walk Manuel Antonio Park and enjoy the beach, this is the absolute nicest and closest hotel to stay at.

Room tip: You need to get a room on the 5th floor to have even a chance to see the ocean.
Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Guest:

Thank you for sharing your opinion of our hotel with others in T.A.!

We are glad to see that you took advantage of our special season package, 4x3; some of our bedrooms were designed specially to be in contact with nature and making your staying more relaxing, offering each of them a private balcony overlooking the jungle or the ocean (5th floor).

Hope that you enjoyed our Congo Restaurant, where we always try to offer a diverse gastronomic menu. We’ve seen that our clients praise our main pool; our idea was to make it enjoyable for all the ages by adding a Jacuzzi and an exciting waterslide for the fun of children and adults. For a more calm and relaxed ambience we also offer the sixth floor terrace pool with ocean and jungle view exclusively for adults.

Once again, thank you very much for your great review and we hope to host you again in Paradise!

Reviewed 18 June 2012

Just wanted to share my thoughts about the wonderful Passover experience I had with Kosher Expeditions in Costa Rica at the San Bada Hotel. This was my second trip with Kosher Expeditions as I had an incredible experience on their Canadian Rockies program the year before. Kosher Expeditions specialty is their ability to cook great kosher food on-site in the middle of nowhere in exotic destinations. Now it’s not gourmet but they do a great job. I was a little taken aback by some past negative reviews on their past Passover program at the Ocotal Resort the year before (when I mentioned my concern they put me in touch with a number of past participants who told me of the great time they had). They assured me that they had problems with the actual resort last year and decided on a new hotel to host the program for this year – San Bada. Now let’s get one thing straight if you are looking for a lavish Passover program, then Kosher Expeditions is not your cup of tea – they went out of their way to explain this to me. They said some people come looking for something different but expect the same high end programs that they have gone to in Miami & Mexico, they stress that they are very small (max 200 people), service oriented program that takes place in very out of the way places that combines travel and adventure tours during the program - all under strict kosher supervision. I wanted a relaxing Passover where I did not have to dress up and I could really get to see and experience Costa Rica (instead of my past experiences of being stuck in the same hotel for 10 days on the same beach!). San Bada was just what I was looking for. The hotel staff was great, the tours were perfect, Seder with the Rabbi was unique and engaging and I really got to know all my fellow guests being a smaller program. The rooms were comfortable (did not spend a lot of time in it) and the scenery and surrounds (hotel was right next to a National Park) was stunning – woke every morning to monkeys in the trees right next to my room! San Bada and Kosher Expeditions staff went above and beyond with their service making it a truly wonderful Passover Experience. Planning my next vacation this summer to the Grand Canyon with Kosher Expeditions – Can’t wait!

Room tip: The higher floor you get a great ocean view - they may cost more but worth it!
Date of stay: April 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank leximaddie
Management response:Responded 26 June 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your great review, we are glad that you enjoyed your stay and the Passover program here at Hotel San Bada with Kosher Expeditions!

This recent Passover was a huge event in Manuel Antonio, and our Hotel was proud to host it for the first time in the area. With lots of delicious kosher food, great outdoor and indoor fun activities, night shows for the families, etc. However the most important thing of this event were the great and the remarkable guests that we met, it was a lifetime experience for all of us.

We were very excited and honored to host this important event, we appreciate your kind words when pointing out our great staff, and the amazing time you had at our Resort. Our location, close to everywhere allows to all our guests to spend fabulous vacations and enjoy life, walking through the sandy beach during the sunset, watching the sunset from the terrace or spending time having a nice meal.

It's a true pleasure to know that your overall experience with us was enjoyable and met your expectations.

And we can’t wait to see host you again in the future, and we hope to see you in the near future in another Passover program at our Resort!

Reviewed 25 May 2012 via mobile

I am absolutely in love with this Hotel. The moment we arrived my breath was taken away. Because it was slow season they upgraded us to the 5th floor room #503. We walked out our balcony to see the most amazing views of Manuel Antonio Beach and pink sky sunset. Then we walked upto the roof top deck and they gave us a complimentary welcoming cocktail. The staff here is so attentive and welcoming. We never went without anything. Today it is beautiful and sunny we walked down to the beach but it was way too hot so we chose to come back to the hotel. So glad we did we are up on the rooftop watching all the views surrounded by the wildlife in the tree tops from the national forest. Had an amazing pineapple coconut smoothie and swam in the rooftop pool. Better than the beach! About to head out for the rest of the afternoon on a catamaran boat your! If you come to Manuel Antonio come stay at Hotel San Bada in my opinion there is no better hotel with this location, ammeneties, and views!
Jen & Tim

Date of stay: May 2012
3  Thank Jeniflower2
DanteKim, General Manager at Hotel San Bada, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2012

Dear Jen and Tim,

WoW! Thank you very much for the detailed review and for taking your time reviewing our Resort on Tripadvisor!

We are pleased that you loved the room and the views from there of the ocean and the beach. Also we appreciate you kind words about our staff, they really do their best to give the best service possible.

Your review is very satisfying and we do hope to invite more tripadvisor readers to visit our resort just in the middle of Paradise!

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcome you back in the near future!

Reviewed 24 May 2012

Our room overlooked the Pacific Ocean. It was very clean and had all the amenities needed. The staff of the hotel and restaurant couldn't have been nicer or more helpful. The hotel is literally next to the entrance of Manuel Antonio National Park. We would certainly stay there again.

Room tip: 5th floor and up gives you an ocean view. Below that is mostly wooded.
Date of stay: May 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Katrinka2060

Dear Katrinka,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write comments regarding your stay. We appreciate the positive feedback and I will certainly share it with our team.

We are glad that you enjoyed our restaurant menu as well as the amenities in the room. It was truly our pleasure to have you at our property, we hope that we will see you again in the near future.