El Faro Beach Hotel(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
US$ 82
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 101/night.

Gaia Hotel & Reserve(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
US$ 274
La Mansion Inn(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
US$ 167
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 192/night.

Issimo Suites Boutique Hotel and Spa(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
US$ 195
Jungle Beach Hotel at Manuel Antonio(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
US$ 124
US$ 93
Karahe Beach Hotel(Manuel Antonio)
Free cancellation until 22/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$ 113
  • Breakfast included
Shana By The Beach, Hotel Residence & Spa(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
US$ 384
US$ 212
Byblos Resort & Casino(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
US$ 111
US$ 103
Makanda by the Sea(Manuel Antonio)
US$ 363
Tulemar Resort(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
US$ 791
US$ 752
All reviewsart galleryrooms are hugegondola restaurantoutdoor loungelocal artistscosta ricaa small kitchen areayogurtthe main roadbus stopsitting areasquirrel monkeyscoffee makernational parkbreakfast was deliciousbeautiful hotelwalk in shower
Reviewed 4 July 2012

This hotel was great. It is 5km to the beach and Manuel Antonio National Park. The staff was very helpful. Jonathan was awesome! Breakfast, included, was nice. Only 3 choices but plenty of good food. The rooms were very spacious and comfortable. We were in 6 & 7. There are soap dispensers but no shampoo and no washcloths. Taxis were more than expected, around $8 each way. We had a car but took a taxi one night so we could have a cocktail with dinner. There are two resident rescue animals, Bagote the puppy and Havana the cat, which we loved, but the staff is aware that not everyone likes animals and they keep Bagote on a leash until you say it's okay to take him off to play. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Johnnie H
Reviewed 1 July 2012

We stayed at Hotel Plaza Yara in June 2012 and enjoyed our stay there very much. The staff at the hotel (Jonathan, Javier and Nelson) are all very friendly and go above and beyond to help guests (calling us taxis or making restaurant recommendations). Havana the cat and Bigotes the dog also made us feel at home ;)

Breakfast is included in the room rate, and was delicious. You can help yourself to coffee or tea and juice, and there are three set breakfast options. The Gallo Pinto was my favorite. Breakfast was served from 7-9am.

Rooms are enormous - spacious with plenty of room for your belongings. Our room (#2) had a wonderful balcony/patio with ceiling fan overlooking the pool area. The rooms were clean (immaculate) and comfy. The A/C unit worked well and cooled down the room quickly. We had a little sitting area in our room, two large beds, large closet, and TV. Wifi was available for free. Kitchenette area had sink, fridge (which came stocked with milk for our coffee), coffee maker and coffee, microwave, and microwave popcorn! Silverware and dishes were provided as well.

Bathrooms were also large and spacious. The shower was very modern and the water was hot and water pressure was great!

The pool was very refreshing. We saw a group of Titi monkeys (squirrel monkeys) late one afternoon as we were sitting in the pool. They ran throughout the trees around the pool, and up onto the roof above us.

The hotel is very stylish with colorful mosaic tiled floors throughout. The main hotel office is inside an art gallery, Gallery Yara. The art gallery had some wonderful paintings, gifts, jewelry, etc.

There are several good restaurants in walking distance: Gaia, El Arado, and the Pizza de Marco next door wasn't bad. You can get a taxi for a flat rate of 3,000 colones (about $6) for anywhere within Manuel Antonio. There is a bus stop nearby too. Agua Azul restaurant was wonderful. Many restaurants have a fantastic view, so plan to get there before the sun sets.

We took a guided tour of the park one day, and spent the other day in the park on our own at the beaches. We did a zipline tour with Titi Canopy on Monday since the park is closed on Mondays.

Would definitely stay here again. A great value for the price!!!

Room Tip: Our rooms had balcony/patios (#s 1, 2 and 3).
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
6  Thank kmh_8
Reviewed 30 June 2012

When I walked into my freshly cleaned room at Manuel Antonio it was HUGE! I had read they were larger rooms but this was great! I also had a big patio overlooking the pool and jungle. I really loved my stay here - the staff was top notch - all of them. The art gallery downstairs was bigger than I thought and VERY cool. The breakfast area was really neat as well and I loved the house cat Havana. The breakfasts were big and very delicious. I was not expecting to be sitting by the pool either and having a monkey show go through the trees - about 20 of them. Totally amazing and there was a sloth hanging out too. I am a pretty picky person in terms of where I stay and Plaza Yara met all of my expectations and more. I would go back there in a heartbeat. I miss it right now thinking of it. Nothing like hanging out at the pool to monkey's going through the trees, exceptionally nice and helpful staff, clean rooms, and a lovely scenery. Thank you Plaza Yara!

Room Tip: I had room one - it was awesome!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank shellp27
Reviewed 20 June 2012

Great hotel, and the staff could not have been more helpful. I traveled with my 78-yr old mother, and they made sure we had an easy-access room, up a ramp. The room was big, and clean, and we got free microwave popcorn! We ate at both the restaurants attached, and both were very good. The breakfast at the hotel was the best we had in Costa Rica--the gallo pinto was the best of all the varieties I had. Jonathan and Javier also helped us with every little thing we asked about--went out of their way more than once, even making sure we could get a good breakfast before our 6 AM pickup. Good water pressure, and hot water, which was NOT the case at many of our other hotels. We also got to sit on a great balcony and watch hummingbirds, sloth, and a whole troop of spider monkeys.
The public bus was a few minutes walk, so it was easy to get into either Quepos or Manuel Antonio. Beds were very comfortable--could have used a few more outlets, I guess, and wireless signal was stronger from the Pizza restaurant below us than the hotel, but other than those minor things it was fabulous!

Room Tip: We had Room #1, easy access to pool.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank TawnyaSingapore
Reviewed 18 June 2012

Love the Hotel! Beautiful and spacious. Very clean. Convenient location, minutes away from Manuel Antonio. We took the bus to the national park, which only cost 50 cents. The staff, Javier and Nelson were AMAZING! Extremely helpful and nice, helped in planning/booking excursions and the rest of our trip. By far one of my favorite hotels. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family