All reviews doce lunas yoga studio costa rica tropical paradise grounds are beautiful manager brian flora and fauna cab ride downtown jaco large bathroom staff went out of their way beautiful room beautiful hotel hermosa beach mango rainy season horseback riding
Reviewed 17 May 2016

this was my third trip to docelunas and will not be my last.this place is great.my room was very nice and having a pool and Jacuzzi right outside seals the deal.the staff was very helpful in helping me plan my activites and car rental.they would meet with me and help me plan my next days event.the grounds are well kept .one morning I got up and saw a troop of monkeys eating mangos outside my door.the hotel is located at the base of a mountain and you can walk to the beach in 10 15 min a cab runs you bout 3 bucks.the food at the hotel was excellent and featured local cusine.i would highly recommend this place to anyone and often do.it is also located close to two rainforests and the ocean this makes it easy to find plenty to do while you stay but hanging by the pool at the hotel is a good way to spend time.you cant go wrong with this place.

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 17 May 2016 via mobile

Wouldn't stay anywhere else in Jaco. Why would you? This amazing hotel retreat center is a little slice of peace, nature and Zen in an otherwise busy area. It's a little bit on the outside of it all and that's just perfect.
The rooms are LARGE the bathroom are LARGE, everything is so tastefully done, the decor, the ambiance. Have to admit that after traveling in Costa Rica for a few weeks, I was impressed with the quality that went into Doce Lunas.
I came here to scout properties for an upcoming Yoga retreat, and not only would I book my retreat here, but i would come to stay for a few days after backpacking through Costa Rica.
This place is ideal for taking care of yourself and having some "me" time. When you want to go out, downtown Jaco is a short ride. Best of both worlds.

Must do:
Walk the grounds, within only a few minutes, I saw so many types of birds and insects that I stopped counting. So much to see! Biodiversity at its best.

Lounge by the pool and Play

Check out the yoga studio

Jaco has some amazing restaurants, some of the best in Costa Rica. I recommend sushi at Arigato

If you're feeling like r and r, order at the hotel restaurant and soak in the nature.
Elgar

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 2 May 2016

Excellent Stay. The staff were great. The place was great. It was clean and very well maintained. Rooms were very clean and excellent. The hotel was great. I would recommend anyone who wants privacy and excellent service.

Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 April 2016

Hidden Jungle Hideaway in Jaco. Wonderful Staff and Scenery. Great Rooms and views. You feel as though you in the middle of the Jungle. Close to beaches and Jaco town center. The resort is centrally located. Shirley and Danny in the Restaurant are amazing.

Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 April 2016 via mobile

Photos just do not give DoceLunas Hotel and Yoga Retreat Center #puravida #coolvibes #hiddenoasis up in the mountains of Jaco the distinction it deserves.

From the moment I arrived, all the angst about having arranged my much-needed getaway online melted away. The landscaping filled with mango and apple trees, my room had a front deck, coupled with great customer service--- Brian, Chris and their staff graciously accommodated my every request--was a welcome break from the concrete jungle I left behind in New York.

Great segue to yoga led respectively by Anabel and Diego, they taught challenging yet pleasant classes in an airy studio which literally opens up to nature at the top of a hill.

Date of stay: March 2016