All reviewsmorgan's covecosta ricaswim up barsurf lessonsgrounds are well maintainedrice and beanspura vidascarlet macawsfelt very safelaid backsan josepoolsbeachoceansurferswavessecurity
Reviewed 4 January 2018

Coming to the hotel, I wasn't really expecting much from it. Upon checking in, I had a good vibe about this place. There are 3 pools to this resort, and then right next to the beach. The employee I encounter there was named Javier. He was extremely friendly. Thank you. I plan to go back and stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
MCCManagement, Director of Sales at Beach Break Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2018

Thank you so much for this positive response. Javier is our new general manager and he is doing a wonderful job bringing our new hotel up to the standards we are striving for. Please come back again and experience our fabulous new menus & gardens. shannon@bbrjcr.com

Reviewed 3 January 2018

My cousin recommended me to this hotel. I've been to Costa Rica many times but stay in other hotels. I have to say, this hotel was great with reasonable rates, more American style of living and everything I needed. Staff was kind and helpful at all times. Most hotels in Jaco Beach are very small and run down, doesn't feel safe but Beach Break Resort is a larger hotel on the beach with 24 hour security.

I would recommend and I will most definitely return!

Room Tip: Spacious hotel with many pools and beachfront views! Kid friendly as well.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family

Thank you so much for this review!!! Our new management & staff are working very hard to offer a modern Costa Rican experience. Attention to service & fun is Beach Breaks motto!! Please come back again. shannon@bbrjcr.com

Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

We had such an amazing experience , the staff was very helpful and friendly anything we need they help us with. The food was excellent very tasty! . The rooms were clean. Beach front was so good just walk a few steps. Overall the whole experience was amazing ! We will come back for sure .

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family

Happy New Year & Thank you for this 5 star review!! This means the world to all our staff here at Beach Break & Waves as we have worked very hard to offer our guests a fun experience having a great time at our beach property!!
Please come back again soon!!
shannon@bbrjcr.com

Reviewed 2 January 2018 via mobile

please do your homework... this place is not a 1 star in Cuba... the beach is not swimmable, no beach chairs, very limited pool chairs..
Food is really not food.. there were 4 choices... 1 beans, 1 rice and 2 others... that was it... no snacks, couldn't get a coffee mid day.
There is no bottles of water and nor fridges in the room.
The room was full of centipedes and mold on the bathroom ceiling and headboard.
Very much a prison.
I spoke to the air transat reps while I was there to move me to an alternate resort. They said yes and then told me it wasn't available.
I left after 3 days and booked a flight on air Canada back to Toronto. I took a taxi back to San Jose and stayed at a hotel by the airport.
I paid over 1700.00 for this trip and my vacation was ruined.
I am not sure how this us touted as an all inclusive... maybe it was when I booked it last feb...
Avoid this place at all costs

Disappointed

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Sean Q
MCCManagement, Manager at Beach Break Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2018

I'm so sorry you did not enjoy your time here. We are a surf beach so we do have waves instead of a flat ocean. I do try to clarify this on our web site. Our meals change daily & we do offer more than rice & beans but this is a staple for our locals so its always on offer. Fresh coffee daily along with bottles of water if its not made just request it we aim to please. Its a very slow moving country & I'm so sorry you didn't like it here.
Shannon

Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

This hotel apparently used to be called Morgan's cove and casino but no longer has a casino. The rooms and property needs more money out back into it, starting to look like owned by slum lords and operated like one too. Reservation was for a double room, free surf lesson each day and morning buffet. Room was as expected, no fridge or microwave but table and back patio area. Breakfast buffet was a lie, we were given a menu a told we could pick one item. Breakfast staff stood around talking to each other at the bar area. Ignoring guests, lucky to get your order after 1/2 hour, took them about a half hour to make a burrito and only received one cup if coffee for breakfast. Attached are the pictures of lack of breakfast buffet and the one meal selection. Free surf lesson didn't disappoint though and the instructor was great. The evening/dinner staff was great too. The hotel pools are only 1 meter to 1.5 meters deep. There are a few pools only .5 meters deep as well. If you like a nice pool this isn't where you want to be. The ocean and beach access is right there.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends