“Amazing food and Great Hosts!”
Review of Wild Ginger - CLOSED

Wild Ginger
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 30
Cuisines: Caribbean, Contemporary, Fusion
Good for: View
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Inventive fusion cuisine made with fresh ingredients. Not one single canned good goes on to our plates! All our breads and sauces are homemade, and all of our recipes are original to Wild Ginger.
Reviewed 20 May 2012

Very glad we found this restaurant in Tortuguero! The hosts Jen and Jorge are amazing people and provided us two amazing meals and evenings at the Wild Ginger! Happy hour is a great bonus, Jorge made the best pina colada I have ever had ... actually all his fruit coctails were amazing and fresh! Missing them already. We sat on the hammocks on the beach outside the restatuant enjoying these amazing drinks...perfect loaction to relax and undwind! Now for the food....it was amazing. Not one bad thing to say about it! The crispy plantain basket was my favorite appy...a must try if you go here. Jen puts an amazing spin on a classic costa rican dish. I loved the caribean stew ... I wish I could have taken some home with me. I dont think I will ever find anything like it in canada! Over all, this restaurant is a must if your in tortuguero! I wish Jen and Jorge had opened this place in vancouver canada, as I would be there every day!

Thanks for the company and the food!

Reviewed 20 May 2012

Not much to add to what everyone has raved about, but just wanted to add our experience. Jorge and Jenny, the owners, are very friendly and truly took an interest in us. My wife loved the mango smoothies and the main courses we got (Spaghetti Carbonera) were very good. Responsive service and good food.

You will not regret the visit and you'll appreciate the friendly service.

Reviewed 8 May 2012

when in Tortuguero, you have to go here. We had lunch, chatted with the lovely owners and then took daquiris over to the hammocks nestled in some palm trees overlooking the beach, not more than a couple of metres from the restaurant. There we stayed, snoozing and drinking yet more daquiris (it was happy hour!), accompanied by a dog and a very friendly cat. Breeze off the sea, dappled sunlight. Perfect way to spend an afternoon!!!! Oh yes, and high speed wifi should you need it plus I think they take all kinds of cards.

Wish we´d gone on the first day. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 3 May 2012

Great food and very hospitable hosts.Restaurant is situated right next to the beach

Reviewed 2 May 2012

I ate at this restaurant, tucked away by the beach, several times during my time in Tortuguero. On the last 2 occasions I took my parents and we had two of the best meals that we have had in Costa Rica. All meals are well cooked and combine great flavours that wont leave you disappointed.
Jen and Jorge are great hosts and will make sure that you are very well looked after. Make sure that you take the very short walk out of town to this excellent restaurant which has the best location of all eateries in Tortuguero!