All reviews the owner relaxing garden puerto viejo affordable place large room single bed would definitely stay here again beautiful hotel in town stayed here for nights jordan beaches soda cycle bikes paradise fans
Reviewed 24 May 2015

The owner kindly moved our 4 day booking one day later when we stayed a day longer in Bocas, plus upgraded us to a great room with a 2 person tub. What made it even more special is that we were married on the last day and had that room to come back to. The owner was so helpful with arrangements too.
The restaurant is amazing. A fellow countyperson friend was by coincidence in Puerto Viego at the same time and we had a relaxed and amazing dinner at the Lotus Garden restuarant. Thank you to all. Mike and Gail

Room tip: Pay more for the room with balcony overlooking pool and 2 person tub.
Reviewed 17 May 2015

Stayed here 4 nights and had a great experience! The lush gardens with Jasmine, hibiscus and bougainvillea, cool pools, very helpful host (Jordan) and staff (especially Gerald) made for a relaxing time. With the rest of Puerto Viejo just outside and all the beaches to explore it's an easy destination. It's a laid back and unpretentious place. Perfect for me.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 May 2015 via mobile

My cousin & I stayed at the Lotus Garden Inn for 4 nights and we LOVED it!! It's steps away from everything in Puerto Viejo; and yet you feel completely secluded in their private courtyard garden. It was an oasis within an oasis! :) You can literally walk across the street and shop, eat, dance or jump in the ocean, while listening to music from Salsa Brava. And when we wanted a day trip to other beaches, we were seconds from plenty of bike rentals. All of the beautiful beaches (Cocles, Chiquita & Punta Uva) are an easy ride away! Nothing was better than relaxing at the beach all day and then returning to our secret garden pools to cool off and unwind before going out at night. Each afternoon we were able to unwind and share our adventures with the staff (who were extremely gracious & patient with my Spanglish). Ha! They created an intimate hideaway for us, and were so much a part of how much we fell in love with Costa Rica.

The suite was beautiful (Geisha); the staff was amazing and so sweet (Gerald goes above & beyond and made our trip so much fun!) The Owner, Jordan, was wonderful & accommodating! (And hilarious) :) there was literally nothing that they wouldn't help us with. We had heard that the people in Costa Rica were friendly and these guys truly embodied all that we could have hoped for and more.

The food at the Lotus Garden restaurant is delicious! Having tasted some of the best Asian fare in New York City - I was over the moon to find that their food was to die for! I wish I could have the wonton soup every night!

I cannot recommend the Lotus Garden Inn enough. You have to visit Puerto Viejo and you MUST stay at the Lotus Garden Inn. I would have rated ten stars - but they only gave me five.

We look forward to visiting many times again!

Pura Vida & GO NOW!!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 March 2015

We were on our way back to San Jose from Bocas Del Toro and decided to stop about halfway in Puerto Viejo. We were looking for a nice, affordable place and the Lotus Garden exceeded our expectations. We first got there and the manager showed us a baby sloth that was in one of their trees. He showed us our room and it was huge with high vaulted ceilings, a deck, and the bed was very comfortable. We had AC in our room and it was a nice system controlled by a remote. The internet worked in our room and it was fast. The only complaint was around 10pm the room was noisy and lizards running around on the roof, but this was not a problem for my wife or me. We spent the morning at Punta Uva snorkeling, and they allowed us to check out at noon (an hour after checkout). My wife got overheated and the manager was very hospitable and gave her Mizo soup and a charcoal tablet and she felt much better. The restaurant was good for breakfast (we did not try dinner). I wish we had more time to spend there. I would highly recommend and will plan to come back.

Room tip: The suites on the upper floor have vaulted ceilings and feel bigger. Suites will be quieter on south side (pool view). There are other rooms tucked behind the pool furthest away from the road.
Date of stay: March 2015
Reviewed 26 March 2015

The Lotus Garden is a true jem! It's about a 30 second walk from a beautiful beach and about a minute from the amazing town of Puerto Viejo(Lots of shopping and good food)! Our room at the Lotus Garden was very comfortable. We had air conditioning, a T.V. and a nice private bathroom. The pool is cool and refreshing. There was even a sloth haning out in one of the trees by the pool! He was there for our entire stay! Like our own sleepy little tree pet :-) The food is also great at their restaurant(you must try the sushi). I have many great things to say about the Lotus Garden, but the most amazing asset of this hotel is the owner Jordan, and his staff! The staff is helpful and attentive. They are some of the nicest people you will ever come by. They can help you schedule tours and massages with very little notice. Now Jordan, is great! During our stay I became quite ill with Sun Stroke, and Jordan was very knowledgable and caring. He made sure I had everything I needed and was comfortable. I can't thank him enough. He even emailed me a day after we got home to see how I was feeling. If you are looking for the best place to stay in Puerto Viejo, choose The Lotus Garden!

Room tip: The King Suite has a jacuzzi tub, t.v., free wifi, and AIR CONDITIONING!
Date of stay: March 2015