As a group of 4 women, mid-20's, non-spanish speaking... we had a AMAZING stay at Villas Del Caribe. After many internet searches, we opted for this one. The website does not do the property justice. We stayed in a double unit, room #1 ( request that one-- easy access to front desk, restaurant, and walkway to beach.) The staff was extremely helpful, the villa was very clean, and the view was great. We also felt very safe.
While the property is not situated directly on the beach, the lanscaping between the ocean and the room makes for a fabulous view. Our room was two -level, 2 BR, 2 BA at about $450 for the week.... we would expect to pay close to $1000 for the same room-type for a week in the states.
For adventure, I highly reccomend Outdoor Adventure whitewater rafting tour. ( They wil aslo transfer you back to San Jose, if needed, so you may want to schedule a tour on your check-out day, and use the transfer to your advantage.) For dining, Standford's Restaurant in Puerto Viejo is great. Perto Viejo is not far by bike or foot. Try Pure Jungel Day Spa, for an amazing jungle massage while you are there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Life is at its tranquil best at Villas del Caribe. The days go something like this: You wake to the sound of bird songs and a view from your bed of silvery palms and clear blue sea. You throw open the sliding doors and take to the hammock on the balcony for a little rest, refreshed by the ocean breeze. You may now be ready to take a dip in our swimming pool and enjoy the elevated thatched Jacuzzi for a relaxing massage.Once the lure of the sea becomes too much, you wander through the landscaped gardens onto the beach path, where you face a decision between the long, deserted golden sand beach to the left or the many pristine golden sand beaches to the right.You settle for one of the shallow, sandy natural lagoons formed by the coral reef right offshore, and watch tropical fish wiggle past your toes.After a fresh water shower on your terrace, you walk over to the SeaSide Restaurant for breakfast or a snack, then you take a bike and cycle down the flat paved road past fields, forest, a few thatched bars and restaurants to Puerto Viejo for coffee or a drink, the local gossip, and some good, fresh fish at the beachfront store.You spend the afternoon alternating between the beach and the sea, the loungers on the terrace, and the hammocks on the balcony. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Villas del Caribe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villas Del Caribe Hotel Puerto Viejo
- Hotel Del Caribe
- Villas Del Caribe Costa Rica/Limon