“Good for solo travelers, US expat hangout”

Tasty Waves Cantina
Price range: US$ 3 - US$ 10
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Description: Tasty Waves is more than a humble cantina in beautiful Puerto Viejo, Costa Rica, it's a lifestyle. We always strive to become your "home base", giving you local advice on where to go, what sites to see and how to get the most out of your journey or vacation. Our staff is more of a family and we always want you to feel welcome in our home. For the most part it's a relaxed atmosphere but don't get me wrong, we know how to party. Tasty Tuesday has become the biggest and most anticipated party of the week and we always show you a good time, so good that we close on Wednesday to clean up the aftermath. Thursday is Trivia Night, Friday is R.E.H.A.B., Saturday is Karaoke, Sunday Funday and Monday is our Movie Night with new and classics running on our 100" projector screen. Stop in, say hi and have a shot of Guaro with us. Tasty Waves Cantina ~ Livin' the Dream
Reviewed 5 December 2017

If you are traveling solo or looking to make more friend, or get acquainted with Costa Rica and suggestions on other travel destinations then make sure you spend some time at Tasty Waves. The owner is a young American in his 30's. The staff are young and a lot of fun. Every night has something entertaining going on, for example karaoke. The food is good, cheap and mostly influenced by Baja California with local influences. The drinks are good and strong, and they offer you-call-it specials.

Reviewed 4 December 2017

Nice atmosphere, great staff, and delicious margaritas. Food was good and we had a great time as a family of seven.

Reviewed 21 November 2017 via mobile

As a solo traveler, I was so happy to be told about Tasty Waves! I met the nicest people, mostly native English speaking, from the bartender to the regulars. Was recommended a spicy margarita, which was delicious! and the chips are homemade, very crunchy and tasty. It was a Monday night, and they turn the place into a movie theater and screened a movie for free and handed out popcorn. It was a really fun experience at this open air bar near the beach. Super vacation moment. Loved it. Literally had my best stay in Costa Rica in this area. The specials I learned about about pretty incredible and makes drinking more very possible, haha! And again, the people! Incredibly nice and helpful to their customers, felt like a regular right off the bat. This place is just another reason I’m itching to go back, if not just move to the area.

Reviewed 20 November 2017 via mobile

Great fish tacos. They had a live band and the bar was hopping. A fun place to go. It was the night of there 7th anniversary, so I don’t know what a regular Tuesday night is like, but we had fun

Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

My Wife and I visited this restaurant during our time in Puerto Viejo. Tasty Waves is right off of the main road between Puerto Viejo and Coccles. The Fish Tacos were top notch. This is a great place to eat right by the beach. I recommend this restaurant.