My family and I stayed at this newly developed cabina resort. I actually did a ton...I mean a ton of review searching before driving from the San Jose area to Puerto Viejo and booked actually booked a reservation at another neighbouring hotel before arrival. I am really glad that in Costa Rica you can get away with making reservations without providing a credit card. No comparison (at least upon visual contact) between the two hotels and let me forewarn those who have never been to Puerto Viejo...almost all the hotels in the area are extremely rustic and many over charge significantly. If you are paying more than $50-$80/night you are paying too much. I can't speak for every hotel but when I drove the strip I couldn't believe some of the prices being asked. You are better off on the Pacific beaches for the price being charged (sorry branching a little)
All that said, I naturally did pay more than what I quoted above at El Nido, but the price was at least accurate. The price is worth it and this is a very new development so the cabins have a nice new feel to them and are very spacious with awesome little kitchettes. Also great for kids. Really nice pool area and the surrounding lush gardens are beautiful and very well manicured. We were travelling with a 10 month old.
Paolo & Victoria are two very hospitable people who were meant to be in the hotel business. You couldn't find two nicer people. The stay came with a great COOKED breakfast.
I think my only criticism with this place was that there was no comp soap in the bathroom and I forgot to bring.
After reading other reviews on Puerto Viejo hotels, I am stumped as to how this hotel doesn't get rated amongst the top 3-5 hotels in the area. What a shame to have to build a long term reputation for such a great new hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Brand New! Beautiful craftsman bungalows set in tropical gardens with salt water pool and jacuzzi. Bright and Spacious bungalows with king size bed, 300+ cotton sheets, kitchen and eating bar, TV/DVD, sofa bed, hot water and AC. Warm hospitality and full service tour booking. 200 m to gorgeous Playa Chiquita beach, 3and a half miles from lively Puerto Viejo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your El Nido Cabinas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Nido Cabinas Hotel Puerto Viejo
- El Nido Cabinas Costa Rica/Limon