This hotel/Inn offered just what we needed while staying on the Caribbean side of Costa Rica. We wanted to be able to walk/bike to and from the little town of Puerto Viejo. Be directly across from the beach and have meals, drinks, air conditioning, a clean pool, TV and night security. When we booked our trip we were booked at one on the best places to stay so the tour guide said. (1 of the top 5) Well we found out it was not the best for us. We are active senior citizens and being from the San Francisco bay area, we needed a little comfort. After viewing our $87.50 American money, per night, dirty bungalow with an over head fan (that clanged), 3 large windows only 2 covered with screens, two netted beds and nothing to place the luggage on or sit other then the beds. We were beside ourselves. It did offer a restaurant and bar but not across from the beach and to far from town. (for walking) We immediately decided to look for another place to stay. On the way to town checking all the hotels we were very lucky to find an opening at the La Isla Inn. It was much closer to town and the price was much lower plus they offered everything we wanted. We had to stay the night in the sticky bug buzzing bungalow and after talking and talking to the tour agency and our first day there taking a cab to the other side of town to the agency we finely got the money transferred as we paid in advance to the tour company. (I do not know just why they booked that lodging for us because all of the other hotels/lodging were wonderful. You might have thought it was because we stayed at a bungalow well we stayed in a beautiful bungalow at Lomas del Volcan in the La Fatuna area. We could see the volcano from our back patio, with a beautiful full stocked bar and restaurant, air and TV for only $85.00 American money per night)
In the Puerto Viejo area you NEED insect repellent and air conditioning if you do not come from a humid area.
Petra, the owner of La Isla Inn was very nice and helped us with local tours and using their telephone. Breakfast was included with the 5 night stay and we totally enjoyed being across from the beach (the water is so blue and very warm) so we could not only hear the ocean but have a Imperial (the local beer) in the early evening and watch the waves...... .
If you would like some other information about our 2 week holiday in Costa Rico email us and we will give you some other good pointers...... We will post pictures when we get'em downloaded.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Paradise Island hotel is in front of the beautiful Playa Cocles and near the forest, with capacity for 45 people in 11 fully equipped rooms as well as tours and restaurant service to make your stay in the Caribbean Paradise unforgettable. Paradise Island has room for all kinds of groups, 10 are standard rooms with A /C, satellite TV and amenities. We also have an apartment equipped with kitchen, refrigerator, sofa bed, a small balcony and table, special for families or groups of friends of more than 4 people. All rooms and the hotel includes: -WIFI -Terraces Or balconies -Hammocks or rocking chairs -Book exchange -The Rooms have air conditioning -the showers have hot water -Service Breakfast a la carte (or bed) -Parking -Security 24/7 -Towels And sheets -Information of tours in the area -Swimming pool Additional services: -Beach lifeguard in Cocles -Rent of bicycles and snorkeling equipment -We spoke English and Spanish -Restaurant service * Children under 7 years free lodging * Children under 12 pay half Reception is open from 7am to 9pm Restaurant is open from 7:30am to 2pm There is no restriction of age for children Pets are allowed in our hotel with previous request by mail or telephone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Paradise Island Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel La Isla Puerto Viejo
- Paradise Island Lodge Costa Rica/Limon