This was the best place in Puerto Viejo...I really did a lot of research on Trip Advisor and other sites. I can't understand why there are any negative reviews. Both Petra, Jose and their staff do everything to make sure you have a great time.
1. They never stop cleaning
2. The security guards are great
3. Coffee and free breakfast are the BEST
This was one of our very best vacations ever..our kids (19,17,20) did not want to leave. We can't wait to return...my daughter's miss the dogs and cat. The dogs will greet you and walk to the beach with you. The pool is perfect as is the showers to rinse off after the beach. We had the large apartment and it was awesome. They have cold beer waiting on you and great lunch next to the pool. We watched the world cup with Petra (GO GERMANY) and Jose. Petra was always ready to call a taxi or give us advice about local food. I really miss the breakfast and great company they provided each day. One day we bought lobsters from a vendor and Petra helped me pick them out and had her great cook get them ready for us for lunch. make sure you get with Andreas on the beach...great photographer. Surf lessons from "Togo" right in front of the hotel. Get a massage from the spa "Chocolate massge" heaven!! and you smell like chocolate all day. I bought a pineapple at the market and on our last day the staff cut it up and made a really cool presentation out of it for us to enjoy as a snack. Can't say enough good things!
You can't go wrong here....ENJOY and take me with you!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Paradise Island hotel is in front of the beautiful Playa Cocles and near the forest, with capacity for 45 people in 11 fully equipped rooms as well as tours and restaurant service to make your stay in the Caribbean Paradise unforgettable. Paradise Island has room for all kinds of groups, 10 are standard rooms with A /C, satellite TV and amenities. We also have an apartment equipped with kitchen, refrigerator, sofa bed, a small balcony and table, special for families or groups of friends of more than 4 people. All rooms and the hotel includes: -WIFI -Terraces Or balconies -Hammocks or rocking chairs -Book exchange -The Rooms have air conditioning -the showers have hot water -Service Breakfast a la carte (or bed) -Parking -Security 24/7 -Towels And sheets -Information of tours in the area -Swimming pool Additional services: -Beach lifeguard in Cocles -Rent of bicycles and snorkeling equipment -We spoke English and Spanish -Restaurant service * Children under 7 years free lodging * Children under 12 pay half Reception is open from 7am to 9pm Restaurant is open from 7:30am to 2pm There is no restriction of age for children Pets are allowed in our hotel with previous request by mail or telephone. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Hotel La Isla Puerto Viejo
- Paradise Island Lodge Costa Rica/Limon