This place was the last hotel of several accommodations we used during or 10 day trip to Costa Rica, which started in San Jose and brought us to several different regions in this beautiful country. This Boutique hotel, where you get to sleep in independent high end "bungalows", is a paradise immersed in nature, yet really close to the beach (.2 miles walk) and the little town of Cahuita, which offers various restaurants and attractions, including it national park and preserved habitat, where the "hiking" trail, mostly on the beach and flat, can be done in flip-flops. Corall Hill features wondefully furnished spacious bungalows, immersed in a luscious forest like environment, completely made of wonderrful wood, with state of the art bathroom, stone built huge showers and even a walk-in closet with a safe for your valuables. The breakfast, home made but the owners, is really rich and good.
The only things you should note, depending on what you are looking for:
- This is no immersion in the local culture, as the couple is from the US; She can be abrupt at times, but once you get to know her, she is very nice and helpful.
- The breakfast is just amazing and you can have as much as you want, just beware of the "focaccia/quiche" as it was always undercooked and eggs are part of the ingredients: stick to cooked eggs and the wonderful different types of bread and croissants presented to you.
- The beaches nearby are not so beautiful: try and organize a trip to Puerto Viejo and its beach, only reachable by bycicle ride (this I am told).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to our little piece of Paradise in the jungle. We are a deluxe luxury accommodation offering impeccably clean rooms in a beautiful garden environment just steps to Playa Negra, with a gourmet breakfast included. You are surrounded by the animals, birds, butterflies, flowers, trees and sea. Come see us and enjoy the unique place we have to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Coral Hill Bungalows reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coral Hill Bungalows Hotel Cahuita