Free cancellation until 27/07
US$ 92
US$ 133
Doubletree.com
  • Pool
City Express San Jose Costa Rica(San Antonio De Belen)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$ 89
El Rodeo Estancia Boutique Hotel & Steakhouse(San Antonio De Belen)(Great Value!)
US$ 80
US$ 77
La Riviera(San Antonio De Belen)(Great Value!)
US$ 82
Terrazas de Golf Boutique Hotel(San Antonio De Belen)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$ 105
US$ 99
Apartotel Oro(San Antonio De Belen)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 21/07
US$ 55
Apartotel Obelisco(San Antonio De Belen)
US$ 177
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
US$ 98
Cancelon
  • Restaurant
  • Spa
1,982 results
All reviewscoffee plantationdriving rangebeautiful hotelthe executive loungecosta ricasan joseclose to the airportperuvian restaurantla isabelabeautiful groundsgift shoptennis courtssports bargolf coursehacienda styleindustrial areamain restaurant
Reviewed 13 May 2012

We loved the Marriott Hotel near San Jose. The city and traffic in San Jose are very stressful and this was the perfect place to unwind and relax before heading home. We stayed two days after visiting Dominical. We found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. It was expensive but worth it. Our room was standard but nicely appointed. The food was wonderful although rather pricey. If you're on a tight budget, this probably isn't the place for you but otherwise well worth the money. It was a perfect ending to our vacation.

Room Tip: Ask for a view overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 May 2012

My family (two adults and a teen) chose this hotel as first stop in Costa Rica after our flight over the Atlantic Ocean and it is ideally located for this purpose, only 5 minutes by car from the airport and in a quiet although rather strange setting for a hotel (industrial zone). Nevertheless, it was quite a nice experience to arrive there because the building and the grounds are beautiful (hacienda style). Employees at the front desk are friendly and helpful but we had to wait quite a long time when checking in and out. We had booked two rooms of the cheapest category as we only stayed for one night. They were just like all the other rooms you usually find in a Marriott hotel meaning rather basic. This is the case most notably for the bathrooms, as one of the previous reviewers mentioned to the point, there are simple shower/bathtub combos. We had dinner at the tapas restaurant and were pleased with the offered food. As we were very tired we went to bed quite early (about 10 p.m.) which turned out to be not a very good idea as there was quite a hustle and bustle in the hallways (we were on the first floor to the front). I would recommend a room on an upper floor and maybe going to the rear (pool). We had breakfast on the porch which was pleasant and the buffet is worthwhile ordering. Overall, a good stop when flying in or off (the hacienda styled building is gorgeous), but I wouldn’t recommend it for a longer stay.

Room Tip: go for an upper floor
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 May 2012

We had the opportunity to upgrade to an executive suite at check-in and we did. What a great room.. and the executive happy hour and breakfast were both delicious and worth the $50 upgrade (along with the wifi!). Great gym, beautiful pools.. such a nice little splurge after 80 days of more budget-range accomodations..

That said.. if we spent more than a day there it would have been pretty pricey to eat at the restaurants..

Room Tip: 440 was awesome..
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 May 2012

We arrived at the hotel after a long flight from the UK via Newark tired and ready for a good nights sleep, and this was the place to provide it. The hotel and grounds are stylish and elegant. The staff are friendly and helpful and the breakfast was excellent. The rooms were spacious and well appointed with very nice bathrooms and comfortable beds. The only slightly jarring thing were the paper cups provided with the coffee machine - surely Costa Rican coffee deserves a china cup?

We stayed again on our way home and had time to use to pool, which is beautiful but chilly. We ate in the restuarant, we chose the buffet option which had a huge range of alternatives from traditional Costa Rican fare (including rice and beans, of course) through pizza and barbecue. Fabulous desserts.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank jennifer098
Reviewed 3 May 2012

I am a very extensive traveler and usually love most of the hotels I chose (see my other 90 reviews). That being said, I was very disappointed in this hotel and property.

I was actually very excited about starting my Central American trip at the Marriott CR. From the pictures, it looked very unique, very updated, and nicely done all in all. I was ok with spending the $400 rate (suite) that was offered online.

Almost nothing about the hotel, once I arrived, impressed me. The hotel is very close to the airport and in a pretty noisy location. While it does have some nice "old world" feel to it, it is showing its age all over the property. The staff was just average - nothing about the service was anything outside of a normal hotel.

The room (executive suite) was just two rooms merged together. The couch was beat up, old, had holes in it, stains on it, and the cushions were warped. The carpet was old and dirty and all of the furniture was old and dated. On the upside the bed was very comfortable. The bathrooms were very normal - simple showers/bathtub combos. Nothing you would expect for $400/night.

The pools are unswimmable as they are ice cold. The day I was there nobody would get in the water as it was seriously cold. We asked a staff member why and he said they used to heat the pools but have recently decided to no longer do it. In addition, the grounds crew was cutting the grass in the middle of the day (3pm) right next to the pool. Forget trying to relax. This was an old push mower with no bag - it was loud and the guy was blowing grass all over in my direction.

In comparison, I am staying at the Four Seasons Costa Rica, in a 1200 sf suite, for the same price.

Marriott needs to wake up on this property - give it a facelift, wake up the staff, heat the pools and LOWER THE PRICES.

Like I said - I very rarely complain but this place is not good.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends