All reviewsprivate gardensmall hotelcosta ricacar rentalsan josebeautiful place to stayhighly recommend staying hereclose to the airportgreat sleepnext morningquiet areaminutes from the airportbetween flightsbed and breakfastlong flightcentral valleysjo airport
Reviewed 19 June 2018

I cannot say enough positive remarks about this small, family-run hotel set in a quiet area in between Alajuela and San José.

The former home turned hotel itself is great. 11 rooms, well-decorated and furnished. The location is great. Quiet area near Alajuela and San José with restaurants and stores nearby. The boutique hotel is located on a golf course that offers great views during the breakfast service.

The staff is the best you are going to find. The family that owns it, runs it. All the care and attention is beyond what you would find anywhere. Cecilia, her husband and kids are all so friendly and helpful. They go above and beyond to make guests feel at home. Any information or services needed will be handled by them. An absolutely charming and friendly family!!! They are the heart of this hotel.

We will definitely stay here again while being in the Central Valley of Costa Rica! It is a gem!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 June 2018

My husband and I stayed at this hotel on our first and last night in Costa Rica because we wanted to be near the airport. Let me start by saying that before we even arrived I communicated several times with Cecilia (owner) to help us with a car rental as this was our first trip to Costa Rica. She was always very courteous and helped me find a great car company (Adobe).

When we landed in Costa Rica, Cecilia's husband picked us up from the airport and everything went seamlessly. When we arrived at the hotel Cecilia warmly greeted us and prepared welcome drinks as well as a delicious cake. It was a fabulous and fun way to start our trip. Our room (#3) was beautiful, large and clean with a very comfortable bed. Also, the hotel itself was very quiet and peaceful.

After our week long adventure in Costa Rica, we returned to Terrazas De Golf. We had an early flight out the next morning, but again, Cecilia's husband was up bright and early to get us to the airport on time. Also, even though it was early, Cecilia made a wonderful little breakfast for us and a sandwich to take on our flight. They really went above and beyond and helped make our trip amazing.

Room Tip: Room #3 has a king bed with a great little private patio.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 June 2018

Not that I frequent the country often enough to have a "go-to" hotel but next trip, I will stay again at Terrazas de Golf. It's a short ride from the airport ($4.50 with Uber) and Ceclia was SO incredibly warm and inviting. Jovial. Laughing, offering me juice and cake upon arrival. The place is spacious, quiet, and serene along the golf course. Room tip: if you get the cheapest online deal, you may be right next to reception. This didn't really matter as it was still quiet, and I am super sensitive.

Staff were equally friendly the next day and I even got a ride to the airport included.
Breakfast was good- I just needed a little stronger of coffee. :)

Stay here unless you really need to venture into the city. It's wonderful.

Room Tip: Further back from reception is quieter, I think
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

This boutique hotel is apparently a beautifully converted home on the golf course and has such a peaceful feel. We were greeted by a gentleman, who despite a language barrier, worked hard to accommodate our requests for a room with a futon for my son. We had room 8 which was very spacious and had a wonderful strong shower. My parents and brother shared room 4 I believe which was smaller but had a beautiful small porch with tropical plants. Cecilia was a delight to talk to and was helpful suggesting restaurants within walking distance. The breakfast included self-serve bread with a toaster and jams, fruit, juice and coffee. The servers also took requests for eggs which were served with fried yucca or potato I think and the most delicious rice and beans we had in Costa Rica. The setting for breakfast was beautiful and an enjoyable place just to sit and visit had we not wanted to get down the street to get a few more souvenirs at a large souvenir shop, The next morning we were taken to the airport just minutes away in two small suvs. It was a lovely way to end our vacation!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 May 2018

A little about myself. I travel extensively both for business and pleasure and stay in many hotels (boutique or chain) as you could imagine. I have to say that I have never been met with such a warm reception ever. This is family run and they truly make you feel like you are one of the family.

Mario, Cecilia and Robert (son) are so kind and offer to help you in any way they can. I must say that these people love their jobs thus the reason that this place is such a great success.

Mario drove me to their country club so I could use their facilities and the place is incredibly peaceful and beautiful. They also drove me to the airport and are picking me up after I come back as I am staying another night to which I am looking forward to.

In closing, you will not be disappointed if you stay here.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo