All reviews for making our stay so memorable luxury bungalow natural materials couples trip grocery store beach bar club music sheer curtains nice luxury multiple times a day bar tab less than a minute walk beautiful paradise costa rica incredible hospitality the entire property jungle feel
Reviewed 2 October 2018

We absolutely loved Ocho!! The beach bar is a fantastic spot for a mid day feed/drink, or maybe to stay & watch the sunset! Marion was so lovely & went above & beyond for us on our trip, so professional & had some great advice on the area :) The grounds are so clean & the food/drinks are delicious! A true gem in Tamarindo, we can't wait to come back to Ocho Bar, thank you Marion :)

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
mikakapetina, Owner at Ocho Artisan Bungalows, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2018

Dear Kim,

Thank you so much for your beautiful feedback we appreciate every word and you’re super happy that that was your experience !!!

Looking forward to seeing you in the future.

Blessings,

Mika

Reviewed 24 September 2018 via mobile

These bungalows are very unique and take glamping to the next level. It’s all glassed in surrounded by jungle yet just a very short walk to a beautiful beach. Staff very friendly and helpful. Has a kitchen with everything one might need for a meal if so inclined. However it’s a short walk to all restaurants, bars, grocery and shops. I loved this place and would definitely stay again, in fact can’t wait to . BUT, for some people these rooms might not be your thing. It’s the jungle, so yes, you might find some small bugs, I’m talking ant size in your room. The toilet and shower do not really have any closure so not too private. Speaking of shower, my ONLY complaint of this place was zero water pressure in shower. Only a small trickle, less than 1/4 of the shower head had water coming out. This wasn’t the case of the outside showers so could just be cabin 1. Breakfast was included, but very mediocre, and bar staff not too attentive. But hey, it’s the beach and this place gives you a true authentic Costa Rica vibe. Definitely recommend if you’re not to bougie!!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 September 2018

My wife and I visited Tamarindo, only to find a beautiful, relaxing retreat in Ocho Artisan Bungalows. Hand crafted Bungalows with a kitchenette settled in the Costa Rican jungle, right on the beach. Great staff. Great little bar. This made our vacation wonderful.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vacation203550
Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

My husband and I brought our two kids 11 and 9. I am so glad he found this place! It was great from the start, they arranged our pick up from the airport, I forget the name of the company but they were stellar. The grounds are beyond amazing, but I will say for us the staff really puts this place in a step above any place We have ever stayed. they go out of their way to take care of you. Whether they are working the bar, kitchen or front desk they are amazing. I felt like I was at someone’s house, they were even nice to our my kids. The bar / restaurant on the grounds is awesome. They arranged our kids surf lessons with Michele ( who was also great) and the zipline tour ( pinilla ) which was an amazing adventure. I was bummed to leave and just as bummed to leave the folks there as I felt we had made friends. Even at the end of the trip, everything lined up. They scheduled are shuttle for 5am, they arrived early and the security guard helped us with the luggage. What they offer here shows how much is lacking in chain hotels. What you find here you will not experience any place else. We will be back. Thanks Ocho !

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank kristenmck
Reviewed 30 August 2018

I came here for a 6 day vacation with girlfriends celebrating a bachelorette. We ultimately chose Ocho for it's location on the beach, the jungle-looking aspect of the luxury bungalows and their ability to sleep several people as well as a kitchen space.
Wow. Just WOW. We were absolutely blown away by how incredible our experience was. The location is just amazing. When you're on the property it feels secluded and lush, but exit off the property and within a couple of minutes you're walking in the heart of Tamarindo. Both the pool and the beach made for the most stunning combination of lounge time you could ever wish for and we routinely alternated between the beach and the pool. Also Ocho's location on the beach is removed from the major resorts (which are all an easy walk further down the beach), but it makes the vibe at the beach in front of the Ocho much calmer and more pristine.
The beach bar is just a gift from heaven and even though we often made plans to leave the resort for dinner, we just found ourselves back at the beach bar again because the food and drinks were amazing and honestly their set up with big cushy couches and fairy lights in the trees and the ocean right in front of you made it impossible to leave.
There were a couple of minor drawbacks which included locking our bungalow door which seemed to have a mind of it's own and often took us multiple tries to get the door to lock. The doors are also not attached to the walls on hinges so technically even with the doors locked you could just shove the locked doors all the way to one side and squeeze into the room. That said, there were always tons of staff around and we never felt unsafe at the resort. We kept our passports and valuables locked in the room safe and all was fine.
There was also pretty loud music almost every night coming from the property bars. It wasn't the end of the world and most of us brought ear plugs, but it might have been nice to just sleep by the sound of the water at night.
All said though I would go back here in a HEARTBEAT. It was everything you would dream your vacation would be in Costa Rica.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends