I stayed at this property March 1st to March 7th 2012. I have been in this general area of Costa Rica before but this was my first time at this site. It was one of the best vacations I've experienced and was notable for the great people I met during my week. Usually you do get to know a few people at a hotel but due to the small size and communal dining format of Los Altos one does have the chance to be in much more frequent proximity to the other guests.
As the owner, Clavin, mentioned, there is a kind of self-selection for this property such that those who want a large scale, more traditional hotel experience probably will not opt to stay at this place, whereas those who are weary of the "large resort on the beach" but would rather have some real quiet time will be more prone to choose this location.
As a guest the service and overall value proposition is beyond comparison. They have removed all hassles and nickle and diming with a simple but winning strategy: charge a fair but reasonable amount given the service and then over-deliver on service and flexibility.
Business is not that complicated, especially in service industries: make your guest feel great.
I stayed in the room that was on the lower northwest corner and thought it was fine. More importantly, I found after the first couple of days that I really didn't want tospend time away from Los Altos. It was almost as if time in other places was good but reducing the amount of time to simply enjoy the property.
Great job guys. Please keep up the standards! The travel world needs your kind of passion for service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a 5-Star Costa Rica boutique hotel & spa resting on a 27 acre estate atop a small mountain with stunning views to the Pacific Ocean. Within a 15 minute drive, (which we provide to you as a courtesy) you can surf, swim at two beaches, shop, take a canopy tour, go sport fishing, ride horses or ATV's, play golf, visit nearby towns, nightlife, restaurants. Day trips are available for whitewater tubing, rappelling down waterfalls, hot volcanic mud baths, and river experiences with crocodiles and with white faced monkeys in your boat! Rates Include: - Transportation to towns, beaches, shopping and all area attractions. - Full breakfast and delicious lunch every day. - Wash, dry, fold, iron laundry service. - Free Cuban cigars. - Exercise center, WiFi. - Concierge level service- 3 to 1 staff to guest ratio. - Coco the Chocolate Lab. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Expedia so you can book your Los Altos de Eros reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Los Altos De Eros Hotel Tamarindo
- Los Altos De Eros Tamarindo