Los Altos de Eros
Hotel Tamarindo Diria(Tamarindo)(Great Value!)
US$ 345
US$ 177
Bookit.com
US$ 202
Hotel Arco Iris(Tamarindo)(Great Value!)
US$ 119
Occidental Tamarindo(Playa Langosta)
US$ 209
US$ 191
  • Pool
Seis Playas Hotel(Huacas)(Great Value!)
US$ 100
US$ 281
  • Pool
US$ 353
US$ 211
Tamarindo Village Hotel(Tamarindo)(Great Value!)
US$ 111
Hotel La Laguna del cocodrilo(Tamarindo)(Great Value!)
US$ 52
US$ 48
Hotel Nahua(Tamarindo)(Great Value!)
US$ 62
Hotwire.com
All reviewseros suitecooking classspa treatmentsother guestscouples massagesunset massageour honeymoonbody scrubromantic dinneropen airheaven and earthamazing spadaily laundry servicequeen roomminute massagecommunal tablecosta rica
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 April 2012

I've visited Los Altos de Eros spa on three occasions. Each time, I have had an amazing spa experience. The staff is professional, the services offered were truly wonderful. The preparation fresh body application keeps me coming back - papaya face mask, honey/coconut body scrub, avocado foot scrub... and yes, you can eat the body prep! Haha!

It was quaint, personable and great hands on establishment. The views were breath taking. The food was delicious!!! Customer service was on point! We also liked that they provided transportation from our villa because we would not have been able to find it on our own!

This spa is appropriate for couples, small groups and individuals. We are regulars every time we are in the area!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mikni2wri
Reviewed 26 April 2012

I live in the Guanacaste area and have frequented the spa for day trips on multiple occasions, and never been disappointed. Needless to say my expectations of the hotel were pretty high.

My wife and were looking forward to a nice relaxing getaway so after reading all the rave reviews we booked a room for one night with a king size bed. We were extremely disappointed with the layout of the hotel. Mainly because you have zero privacy. The rooms are very small only enough space for a bed and a couple of nightstands and you have to dine at the same time as all the other guests. As another reviewer said the walls are very thin so we could hear everything going on around us, and what was advertised as a King size bed was actually two doubles pushed together so we had to sleep with a large seem in the middle.

I must however say all the employees were very pleasant and the spa service is a wonderful experience. The food at the hotel was average at best and didn't compare with the meals I had been served during my daily spa visits.

If your looking to have more of a camp style feel on your vacation where you meet new people and compare your travels and experiences over daily meals served at community table then this would be the place for you, but if your looking for a romantic retreat I would choose something else.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank LakeTrout14
Reviewed 19 April 2012

Where do I begin... From being picked up at the airport to the final hugs goodbye, I could not say enough great things about this place. I'll break it down...
1) The Hotel- 5 rooms, 10 guests, 30 staff members!! Need I say more?! The service here is above and beyond anything I have ever seen before! When I first saw the dining room table, I was taken back as I have never stayed anywhere this small but how I was so surprised by it! I loved spending meals with the other guests! We met some wonderful people and enjoyed getting to know them over delicious meals! We really felt like we were staying in a large house and not a "hotel"! They have drivers that will take you just about anywhere and pick you up to bring you back to the hotel! They do personal laundry daily! and fast too!! We would come back to our room after some swimming and would find our laundry from the day before in a neat pile on our couch still warm from the dryer!! A-MAY-ZING!! The free cuban cigars were a huge perk for my husband as well! He spent many nights smoking his cigar on our balcony enjoying the view! Loved it! Before arriving, We had plans to do at least 2 or 3 excursions while there... Once checked in and relaxed by the amazing infinity pool, we quickly changed our minds... We weren't going anywhere and we didn't for 6 days! :-)
2) The Location- AMAZING!! The hotel is on the side of a mountain in the middle of nowhere which is perfect! The views from every single part of the hotel are breathtaking and phenomenal!! The wildlife around the grounds are great too! The iguanas, monkeys, frogs, and everything else were so cool to see...
3) The Staff- The staff here is like no other!!! They make this place! Every single staff member is friendly and smiling and will do anything to make you happy or meet your any needs. Hania, Tatianna, Yanina, Montserrat were just a few that made our trip unforgettable!!
4) The Food- WOW!! Every single meal and everything in between was unbelievable! Breakfast, lunch, dinner meals were fresh, clean and overall healthy meals without compromising any taste whatsoever! Every meal was DELICIOUS!! The guacamole was to die for! My husband finished it off with a spoon, lol! The SMOOTHIE'S!!! The smoothies are included with your stay and are made for you whenever you want throughout the day!! They are all made with fresh fruit and are SO refreshing in the middle of a hot Costa Rican day! They have available- coffee, soda, wine, beer, smoothies, freshly baked delicious cookies, and snacks 24/7! No complaints about any of the food or drink here at all!!
5) Eros Suite- We stayed in the suite and were so happy we did!! All rooms here are gorgeous but we loved the lay out and the balcony of the suite! Will definitely be booking the suite on our return trip.
6) The SPA- Well, my husband and I each got 6 spa treatments in 4 days!!! This spa is WOW!! Overlooking the mountainside and having no walls sets the ambiance for the amazing therapists performing the treatments! Each treatment was better than the one before! I would highly recommend the Sunset Massage for 2 with the dinner!! Breathtaking night!! All spa treatments are 50% off to guests too! I made sure we down at the spa everyday of our stay!
7)The Ashram- When we were brought on our tour upon arrival to Los Altos De Eros, they showed us the Ashram!! My husband and I both had our breathe taken away. Wow! The view, the serenity, the location, everything about this place was perfect! Needless to stay, we did the yoga class as often as we could and loved it! It was my husbands first time doing yoga and he loved it and will continue to take classes here at home. Nicole was a wonderful instructor!

I know that was an incredibly long review but I just couldn't cut it short! I could actually probably say a lot more about how great this place is! My husband and I will definitely be back and are already planning a small group takeover with friends! 5 star resort all the way! You will not regret staying here! ENJOY! Xoxo

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank ChristineO944
Reviewed 10 April 2012

My mom and I visited the inn a few weeks ago and we can't stop talking about the peaceful setting, delicious food, wonderful spa, but most importantly the terrific staff. Our every need was met with a smile. We can’t say enough kind words about how much the staff made our Mother Daughter trip so special. We would highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Ashley R
Reviewed 8 April 2012

Best place I've ever stayed. Had a great time and met great people. The staff was the best ever. Can't say enough about this wonderful, intimate spa. Go there ASAP !!!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple