“Great location! Excellent staff! MUST visit!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Los Altos de Eros

Los Altos de Eros
Ranked #1 of 21 Hotels in Tamarindo
Colorado
“Great location! Excellent staff! MUST visit!”
Reviewed 10 April 2012

My mom and I visited the inn a few weeks ago and we can't stop talking about the peaceful setting, delicious food, wonderful spa, but most importantly the terrific staff. Our every need was met with a smile. We can’t say enough kind words about how much the staff made our Mother Daughter trip so special. We would highly recommend this place.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Ashley R
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Syracuse,NY
Reviewed 8 April 2012

Best place I've ever stayed. Had a great time and met great people. The staff was the best ever. Can't say enough about this wonderful, intimate spa. Go there ASAP !!!

1 Thank wisia
new york
Reviewed 7 April 2012

We could live at Altos de Eros!!! My boyfriend and I spent 5 days here and had a truly amazing time. The rooms, the property, the spa, the food and most importantly, the STAFF, are all wonderful. The gals that work the front desk are truly lovely and helped us with everything we needed. They were friendly and very accommodating and made our stay that much more enjoyable.

There are only 5 rooms in the resort which makes for a very cozy and comfortable atmosphere. The rooms are spacious and the bathroom has a large outdoor shower (which is stocked with deliciously scented shampoos and soaps.) The grounds are wonderfully kept and great for walking around and taking photos. Coconut trees surround the swimming pool and if you ask, they'll pick one for you to drink.

They offer a Tuesday cooking class which was one of our highlights. We made a 4 course dinner and got a chance to cook in the awesome open air kitchen that is in the main courtyard area of the hotel.

Another perk of staying at Altos de Eros is Coco, the amazing dog!! We tried to stuff him in our luggage and sneak him home, but he was too big...

The spa is beautiful, relaxing, and has some of the best masseuses ever. My boyfriend and I made it a point to schedule massages, wraps, and scrubs every single day. The women who work at the spa really know what they're doing and they sure know how to work their hands! We scheduled the sunset massage/champagne dinner package one day and we never wanted it to end. We started the evening with a wonderful hour and a half massage which was then followed by champagne, sugared strawberries and a 3 course dinner. The chefs in the kitchen are the sweetest women and cook a whole variety of delicious dishes. They will make you smoothies any time of day, with any fruit you choose. My boyfriend and I still find ourselves dreaming about the meals we ate at Altos de Eros. The BEST chocolate croissant in the entire world was served to us for breakfast one morning. A homemade, warm, perfectly textured piece of heaven. They were nice enough to give me one for the airplane ride home. I salivate just thinking about that chocolate croissant....

The resort also offers tons of activities that you can book at the front desk and transportation to each destination is included. If you ever want to head down to downtown Tamarindo (about 15 minutes away) for dinner or the beach, you can simply arrange transportation and they'll drive you down. (But I'd recommend eating at the hotel because the food is GREAT!!) There is an open air yoga area that overlooks the hills, and an outdoor gym with exercise machines should you wish to work out.

Our whole experience at Altos de Eros was spectacular and we can't wait to go back for another vacation! A BIG THANKS to the whole staff for making our trip so memorable!!

3 Thank guinevere p
Clarendon Hills, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 3 April 2012

I have never in my 38 years of life written a review on a stay at a hotel, a meal, a good experience or bad but felt obligated to do so after my trip to Costa Rica this past month. Before I give you all the details you need let me start by saying I highly recommend adding Los Altos De Eros to your "bucket list". So here is what you need to know:

1) On the way to the hotel you will be looking at your significant other asking yourself "are we being mugged"? The reason is the roads are horribly bumpy getting up to the resort but I assure you two things...you are safe and the bumpy trip is worth the headache you will have upon arrival!

2) Don't be surprised but there are only 5 rooms at this hotel and you have meals with the other couples for breakfast, lunch, and possibly dinner. This turned out to be a great thing for us because we made friends for life. The ages of other guests were 23 yr old newly weds to a couple in their 50's and we all had a blast together!

3) You will not find better meals anywhere in Costa Rica, don't leave the hotel for dinner, nothing compares!

4) This is the best Spa I have ever been to in my life! Ask for Jessica, she has magical hands! The spa treatments are 50% off for guests staying at the hotel, unbelievable value!

5) They have a wonderful beach that is a 15 min bumpy ride away and it is worth doing a day or two. Make sure you visit Lola's restaurant and meet their pet 500 lb pig! The pig actually goes into the ocean (if you don't believe me google Lola's pet pig Lolita.

6) If you are thinking about breaking your trip into multiple stops in Costa Rica, I would make this place your last stop because you won't want to leave! Fly into and out of Liberia airport, it is an amazingly nice and small airport that has jet service from many airlines (United, American, JetBlue, etc.) It is only an hour drive to hotel vs over 4 hrs from San Jose.

7) You will see wild monkeys, iguanas, huge toads and tree frogs, etc. Don't believe the rumors of tons of snakes, scorpions, etc... we saw one small non poisonous snake the whole time we were there and the guys working at the resort do a good job of keeping the hotel very clean.

8) The staff at Los Altos was amazing. The women that run the resort are unbelievable. If it were not for them I would not be writing this review. I cannot say enough about the professionalism of the staff in both the hotel and the spa.

9) If you like to do Yoga (I don't) you will love it here. My girlfriend did Yoga every morning and I tried it twice. Amy the instructor was awesome, I recommend trying it at least once.

10) Last but not least my only warning....if you see the owner Calvin roaming around after 8:30 pm at night, do yourself a favor and go to your room and lock the door :) I am half kidding but somewhat not kidding, lets just say he has loose lips when he has been drinking too much.

I hope this review helps and I assure you, you would never regret staying here, this was the best vacation I have ever had.

Room Tip: If you can afford the Eros Suite I highly recommend it, but there isn't a bad room in the place.
12 Thank Travis M
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 2 April 2012

I feel guilty that it's taken me four months to write this review. We had an AMAZING time at Los Altos de Eros. Our first two nights in Costa Rica, we stayed at a large all-inclusive hotel, which was nice in its own right, but then we checked into Los Altos de Eros and saw the light. It didn't take long to know it. Even though we arrived later in the evening, we were greeted by a warm staff and a warm and delicious meal that was the best we had our entire time there. We didn't have a need or desire that wasn't met over the course of the next two days. They setup surf lessons, took us to the beach and arranged the couples sunset message, which is an absolute must if you go. I don't need to go on because there are so many glowing reviews here, but this is the kind of place that makes you feel like you owe it to the world to spread the good word. Enjoy.

Room Tip: Book far in advance as it's a small resort and I'm afraid the word is out.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple