We could live at Altos de Eros!!! My boyfriend and I spent 5 days here and had a truly amazing time. The rooms, the property, the spa, the food and most importantly, the STAFF, are all wonderful. The gals that work the front desk are truly lovely and helped us with everything we needed. They were friendly and very accommodating and made our stay that much more enjoyable.
There are only 5 rooms in the resort which makes for a very cozy and comfortable atmosphere. The rooms are spacious and the bathroom has a large outdoor shower (which is stocked with deliciously scented shampoos and soaps.) The grounds are wonderfully kept and great for walking around and taking photos. Coconut trees surround the swimming pool and if you ask, they'll pick one for you to drink.
They offer a Tuesday cooking class which was one of our highlights. We made a 4 course dinner and got a chance to cook in the awesome open air kitchen that is in the main courtyard area of the hotel.
Another perk of staying at Altos de Eros is Coco, the amazing dog!! We tried to stuff him in our luggage and sneak him home, but he was too big...
The spa is beautiful, relaxing, and has some of the best masseuses ever. My boyfriend and I made it a point to schedule massages, wraps, and scrubs every single day. The women who work at the spa really know what they're doing and they sure know how to work their hands! We scheduled the sunset massage/champagne dinner package one day and we never wanted it to end. We started the evening with a wonderful hour and a half massage which was then followed by champagne, sugared strawberries and a 3 course dinner. The chefs in the kitchen are the sweetest women and cook a whole variety of delicious dishes. They will make you smoothies any time of day, with any fruit you choose. My boyfriend and I still find ourselves dreaming about the meals we ate at Altos de Eros. The BEST chocolate croissant in the entire world was served to us for breakfast one morning. A homemade, warm, perfectly textured piece of heaven. They were nice enough to give me one for the airplane ride home. I salivate just thinking about that chocolate croissant....
The resort also offers tons of activities that you can book at the front desk and transportation to each destination is included. If you ever want to head down to downtown Tamarindo (about 15 minutes away) for dinner or the beach, you can simply arrange transportation and they'll drive you down. (But I'd recommend eating at the hotel because the food is GREAT!!) There is an open air yoga area that overlooks the hills, and an outdoor gym with exercise machines should you wish to work out.
Our whole experience at Altos de Eros was spectacular and we can't wait to go back for another vacation! A BIG THANKS to the whole staff for making our trip so memorable!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a 5-Star Costa Rica boutique hotel & spa resting on a 27 acre estate atop a small mountain with stunning views to the Pacific Ocean. Within a 15 minute drive, (which we provide to you as a courtesy) you can surf, swim at two beaches, shop, take a canopy tour, go sport fishing, ride horses or ATV's, play golf, visit nearby towns, nightlife, restaurants. Day trips are available for whitewater tubing, rappelling down waterfalls, hot volcanic mud baths, and river experiences with crocodiles and with white faced monkeys in your boat! Rates Include: - Transportation to towns, beaches, shopping and all area attractions. - Full breakfast and delicious lunch every day. - Wash, dry, fold, iron laundry service. - Free Cuban cigars. - Exercise center, WiFi. - Concierge level service- 3 to 1 staff to guest ratio. - Coco the Chocolate Lab. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your Los Altos de Eros reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Los Altos De Eros Hotel Tamarindo
- Los Altos De Eros Tamarindo