My husband and I just got back from Los Altos De Eros and we already are planning our return. From the moment we arrived at the airport and were greeted by our driver, Francisco who then offered us a beer, our trip was amazing. The staff at Los Altos de Eros made our stay wonderful. From the wonderful ladies that work the front desk and helped us book every excursion we needed, to the amazing ladies in the kitchen, to the drivers who brought us to wherever we needed to go, and to Antonio who not only was a driver but also a handy man and the baker of the best chocolate croissants we have ever had, the staff is first rate!
In terms of the food, it was truly amazing. While we liked everything made for us, we were addicted to the mango smoothies with orange juice as well as the home made guacamole and fresh tortilla chips! My husband and I did the cooking class during our stay and we would highly recommend it!
My husband and I were lucky to stay in the Eros Suite for our six night stay. The suite was very spacious and we had our own balcony from which we loved watching the sun set.
When coming to Los altos, I was not sure what to think about having meals with all the other guests. However, this was one of the best parts of our trip. All the people we met were great and we spent quite a few late nights sitting at the large dinner table really getting to know one another.
While we loved the hotel, our most favorite aspect of it was Coco, the resort's chocolate lab. Coco is an extremely friendly and well behaved dog that loves to have his belly rubbed. On our last morning at Los Altos, my husband and I took Coco for a 5km hike around the grounds. Coco also decided to visit us during our sunset dinner and massage. We fell in love with Coco and I think if we were able to, we would have taken him home with us!
Overall, we would highly recommend staying at Los Altos de Eros. From the friendly staff, to the amazing food, to the beautiful views, to Coco, it is truly a place not to miss!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a 5-Star Costa Rica boutique hotel & spa resting on a 27 acre estate atop a small mountain with stunning views to the Pacific Ocean. Within a 15 minute drive, (which we provide to you as a courtesy) you can surf, swim at two beaches, shop, take a canopy tour, go sport fishing, ride horses or ATV's, play golf, visit nearby towns, nightlife, restaurants. Day trips are available for whitewater tubing, rappelling down waterfalls, hot volcanic mud baths, and river experiences with crocodiles and with white faced monkeys in your boat! Rates Include: - Transportation to towns, beaches, shopping and all area attractions. - Full breakfast and delicious lunch every day. - Wash, dry, fold, iron laundry service. - Free Cuban cigars. - Exercise center, WiFi. - Concierge level service- 3 to 1 staff to guest ratio. - Coco the Chocolate Lab. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Expedia so you can book your Los Altos de Eros reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Los Altos De Eros Hotel Tamarindo
- Los Altos De Eros Tamarindo