All reviewsevery morningdeluxe kingoutdoor showercosta ricaeco friendly hotellazy lizardfresh fruiteggs made to orderbreakfast was deliciouscatamaran cruiserooms are modernminute walk to the beachslice of paradisehighly recommend staying herestayed longerhome away from homedaily breakfast
Reviewed 14 August 2017

My wife and I spent 10 days at the Tamarindo Bay Boutique Hotel in July/August 2017.

It is not luxurious, but they do every thing really really well.

The hotel and rooms are spotless and they work very hard to keep it that way. The rooms are comfortable and spacious with large bathrooms and plenty of storage/closet space.

There is a very nice pool and a terrific outdoor lounging area under a roof with overhead fans - perfect place to laze away part of an afternoon or evening.

The location is ideal - about 5 or 10 minutes from beaches and lots of good restaurants, but far enough away that you are not aware of the noise and craziness of downtown.

The owners were around most days and were fun to talk to and learn about the area and Costa Rica.

Best of all was Marie, who looked after the guests. She was around almost every day and was always available to chat, give advice, book tours or deal with crises. I broke a tooth on Monday and was in the dentist chair at 9:30 Tuesday morning.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TomT403
Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

The moment we walked onto this property , it was clear that this hotel is a cut above all the rest! This is a sanctuary of peace and beauty, but what makes it truly special is Maria! She made us feel cared for throughout our 5 night stay. Beginning with the very thorough orientation,she was there for us, providing us with whatever we needed. Breakfast was lovely each day. The pool was just what we needed after a hot day of adventure . Our room! Do yourself a favor and get the Ananda Suite! Fantastic comfy bed, huge separate bathroom with an amazing rain shower! Our own secluded sanctuary! Because of my job I stay in a lot of hotels, and I can honestly say this is the best hotel I've ever stayed in. Throughout the property you can see all the little details , designed for your comfort . Thank you Maria, BathSheba and the rest of the staff for making our 20 year wedding anniversary unforgettable! We will be back!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

Spent 3 nights here in late July 2017 with my wife. We're 30 and spent our time wanting to surf, spend a little time on the beach, dive and finally get a chance to read our books.

Pros:
- we were upgraded to the twin pool view room from a king. Lovely large, open space. Well thought out rooms (e.g fridge in your room, with bottle to fill up water from communal water fountain, wine glasses, ice box)
- beds comfortable with AC and fan.
- perfectly clean, beach towels available
- breakfast was good: yogurt, muffins, home made banana or cinnamon bread, eggs for order, toast, coffee, orange juice, some cooked stuff (can't recall).
- you can borrow stuff from the hotel for free - including bikes, boogie boards, and a few other things (cant recall)
- communal area around the pool is comfortable with nice seating, beanie bags, honor bar
- locked gated entry and free parking
- Marie (who manages the place), is really nice and helpful. Gave us a little tour at the beginning, had (great) recommendations for local restaurants (all within 5 to 7 mins walk). She remained attentive throughout our stay.

Things to improve:
- nothing really. As a preferential thing, for those of you who like perhaps the anonymity of a hotel where you can "get lost" in the grounds is not going to happen here. It's an intimate place, but not intrusive in my opinion.

Thanks for the excellent stay!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 July 2017

I was concerned about booking a hotel in Tamarindo that wasn't directly on the beach...I was more than rewarded for taking the risk and staying at the Tamarindo Bay Boutique Hotel, just a five-minute walk from the oceanfront. The rooms were immaculate and modern. The list of amenities, such as made-to-order breakfasts, bicycles available for use, and an open-air terrace goes on and on. But the best part, by far, was the attentive concierge service by Marie and Bathsheba. They answered every question, arranged massage appointments and surf classes, showed us shortcuts through town, etc. I have had the opportunity to travel extensively and I've never received such dedicated service from the hosts.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

We decided to splash out for our final days in Costa Rica..so glad we did! Thanks Marie and Batasheeba for being wonderful hosts.

Pros:
- 7 mins walk to the beach
- quick communication
- spotlessly clean
- lovely big private rooms overlooking a clean pool, with a big bathroom and even a large American style closet
- delicious breakfast 8-10am
- free body boards, beach chairs and snorkels to borrow
- very accommodating with a late check out
- even gave us a free room upgrade

Stayed: July 2017