“The perfect house for our family vacation”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Master Bathroom
Bathroom
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
DonandLar
Edmonton
“The perfect house for our family vacation”
Reviewed 12 May 2012 for a stay in April 2012
people found this review helpful

My husband and I - plus three 20-somethings - recently stayed nine nights at Casa de Valencia in Tamarindo.

When I read reviews written by others, I always wonder if the writer is anything like me? What is perfect for one person is not for another, just because our needs and priorities vary. But I have to say that, for my family, this was the perfect house in the perfect location.

The house was clean and well appointed with everything we might need: lots of towels, beach chairs, dishes, glasses. The kitchen was well equipped with all of the cooking and serving pieces that anyone would need. Everything worked - including the air conditioning - and everything was clean.

The photos of the house and the property shown on this site accurately depict the house. What you see is what you get.

When we stayed there, only one other house in this five house complex was occupied. For the most part, I "owned" the pool in the yard. Let me tell you, I loved relaxing in and around the pool on this vacation.

The house is close to restaurants and activities, but not too close. We really didn't want to be smack dab in the middle of high traffic areas. Debra is accurate when she says that you have about a 10 minute walk to get to restaurants, grocery stores and shopping. I also agree with her that the preferred way to get to town is by walking along the beach.

Debra's not kidding when she says that the beach is only about 100 yards away, just across the road and down a path. Tamarindo beach is beautiful and natural. It seems to run the length of the town and, when the tide is out, and it seems to be about 40 yards deep. If you are female, I would also recommend that you take Debra's advice regarding footwear. I took five pair of shoes, but never wore anything other than flip flops. The road is uneven and dusty. High heels and fancy shoes just don't work well there.

Before arriving at Tamarindo, we spend three days in Playa Hermosa. While this was a great place to begin the vacation, Tamarindo has a lot more going on. Having said this, there is more than enough room for everyone on the beach and walking up and down the sidewalks. This is nothing like the Mayan Riviera or Hawaii, where there can be "wall to wall" people. I'm very glad we chose to stay there for most of our vacation.

You will find Debra to be very prompt in replying to you. She's also very patient and willing to answer any questions you might have. I highly recommend that you consider Casa de Valencia.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: It felt like a home away from home.
Liked least: Sometimes the noise from the traffic on the road in front of the house was distracting.
Travelling group: Other
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
11 May 2012
Thanks for the great review! Hope we can help you again in the future!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing