“What you see is what you get! Amazing view and a...”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
exdancer
Las Vegas, Nevada
“What you see is what you get! Amazing view and a beautiful home.”
Reviewed 1 May 2011 for a stay in April 2011
person found this review helpful

I have to say we have rated this as one of our top vacations. I found the house and invited 3 other couples to join us. They were slightly apprehensive on what to expect as anyone would be. But upon our arrival their apprehension totally disappeared. Everyone was simply amazed at the ocean view from every angle in the house and Casita. The Casita is 2 stories (1 queen bed - each floor). The main house has 3 bedrooms but its most ideal for 4 couples unless there are children. The lower level of the main house has 2 bedrooms and living area. Which would be ideal for parents with young children. The main house has the master upstairs with an office/bedroom (2 twin beds are in there) we used this room as our dressing area. There is a living area, dining area and terrace with seating. There is a dining area outside on the terrace overlooking the view. The grill is in the same area. The bathrooms are clean and nice (see photos), nice kitchen which got lots of use. The decor of the home is very comfortable.

While in Tamarindo the guys played golf - 2 days at Hacienda Pinilla and 2 at Reserva Conchal (better choice). We also did some sport fishing on the Brindisi II (50ft) can accommodate 10-12. Golf and Fishing where arranged through Swiss travel (comes with a driver to transport to golf and fishing). The ladies had massages at the house by the pool/ocean view, went to the beach ($10 gets you 1 umbrella/2 chairs all day). Dining- Eat at Joe's not the best place to eat - not even for a snack. Your best bet is Dragon Fly (4 stars), Copacabana and Nibbana better choices as well. If you are looking for big shopping this is not the town-just a few trinkets to take home to the family. if you want a place to relax, enjoy some nice dinners, zipline, river tour, see howler monkeys, visits to the spa (Los Altos - Amazing and you won't want miss see photos) and take in some golf, and enjoy some fishing...then Tamarindo is the place to go. The house is amazing- we enjoyed each night on the terrace overlooking the sunset after grilling the fish we caught. There is a nice grocery store nearby (Auto Mercado) where you can purchase alcohol and food items. The kitchen has all the appliances you need, blender, toaster, food chopper,cutlery etc.

My husband is still talking about this trip and my friends tell me that I have my work cut out to beat this trip!

Travelling group: With Friends
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Tourists
Luxury-minded travelers
NJ
Reviewed 21 March 2011 for a stay in February 2011

Check-in / front desk Service
Travelling group: Family (extended)
Your age range 35-44
km32davis
Houston
“Great view, beautiful home, intrusive caretaker...”
Reviewed 19 March 2011 for a stay in March 2011
person found this review helpful

This would have been the best place in Tamarindo to stay (other than staying beach side) but with the caretakers on site, I have to say this trip was less than enjoyable. If we had known that people were going to be coming in and out of the house suggesting the things we "should be doing" we would not have chosen this house. Granted, it had a marvelous pool and spectacular view, the caretakers took all the enjoyment out of our vacation. Being here for the wedding of my sister-in-law, the latter half of the stay was to be as enjoyable as the first. However, the condescending comments by the caretaker and incessant remarks about "losing the keys and the cost of replacing them" was more than I hoped for when trying to relax. With more than 10 people staying at Casa Collina Del Mar it was more than just one person feeling the "intrusion" of both caretakers. I would highly recommend considering alternatives to this place because of the caretakers. We stayed at other houses for less than this and didn't have to worry about being treated like "spring breakers" at our family wedding. Had I known that there were going to be caretakers on site, I would not have chosen this place. Intrusive or not, caretakers on site did not benefit the trip at all whatsoever.

Travelling group: Family with Young Children
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
19 Mar 2011
We are very sorry to hear that your stay at Casa Colina del Mar was less than enjoyable. It is our sincere wish, and that of our caretakers, that all of our guests have a pleasant and comfortable stay in our home. It is regrettable that you were not made aware prior to your arrival that the couple who take care of our house live at the rear of our property, in an apartment over the garage. We have addressed having that information included on all websites.

Colina del Mar is one of the larger rental villas in the Tamarindo area. Our caretakers are there to provided the added maintenance and security needed to assure that property is maintained at the high standard we require. They also offer concierge services, which many guests appreciate. They do try, at all times, to be very discreet and unobtrusive.

We sincerely apologize for your unpleasant experience with them. We have discussed your concerns, and they will make every effort in the future to keep all unsolicited interactions with guests to the bare minimum. Additionally, we are aware of the bother involved with keeping track of the keys, and are currently seeking a secure, key-less solution to the front gate.
St. Louis
Reviewed 16 July 2010 for a stay in July 2010

Travelling group: Spouse / significant other
Your age range 45-54
VA
Reviewed 16 July 2010 for a stay in June 2010

Check-in / front desk Service
Travelling group: Family with young children
Your age range 35-44
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing