All reviews casa cook recommend casa full kitchen costa rica pura vida playa grande walk minutes nice pool san jose howler monkeys zip line ignacio sonia units hammocks ocean accommodations
Reviewed 16 September 2018

We arrived during low season and had a bad experience with one of the reception staff members, who was unaccommodating and made us wait excessively long to check in, however, after that initial experience, had a great experience with the staff. The rooms are a nice size, A/C works well and the bathrooms are updated. There is a kitchenette, so you can cook on site and there is a full-size refrigerator. We had hoped for a restaurant on site, however, used the kitchenette and shopped at a local supermarket minutes away. There is a restaurant next door, so there are options.

Room Tip: The rooms are all minutes from the beach, so I don't think you can go wrong.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Monica R
Fernanda J, Public Relations Manager at The Coast Beachfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2018

Hi Monica!
Thanks for your comments, we are glad that you had a good experience after you checked in. I suggest to review all the services available on the property when booking a hotel for further expectations.
You arrived before our check in time. If the room is in great conditions for a guest, we will always allow early check in, but in the case it's not, the staff has until 3:00 PM to do proper maintenance of the room. Overall, we are happy you enjoyed your time in Tamarindo, and we hope to see you back in the future!

Reviewed 14 February 2018

It's all about the location. Get away from the crowds and move down the beach. Lovely property on the beach and steps away fro the ocean. Wonderful staff. Hats off to Sonia, Fernanda, Antonio and Ignacio. I call this hotel an efficiency hotel. Reasonable kitchen facilities with no bar or restaurant. Perfect for longer term stays. I don't go away to watch television but I wish more attention would be given towards which cable and entertainment outlets are included with the cable package. Pura Vida

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Ian G
Sonia G, Manager at The Coast Beachfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2018

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us! We look forward to hopefully having you back for future vacations! We appreciate your comments, and will look into the cable packages. Thank you!

Reviewed 20 January 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay at Casa Cook. It’s within walking distance of town by either the beach or the road. Nice clean rooms with a great and friendly staff. They have security in front and back although we never felt it was needed but was nicely reassuring. There is no bar or restaurant but that was fine since everything was close. Would stay there again.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Michael B
Sonia G, Manager at The Coast Beachfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2018

Good morning and thank you for your kind words! I am very glad to hear that you felt safe at Casa Cook as that is one of our main priorities, to keep our clients safe. We look forward to you coming back and staying with us soon!

Reviewed 18 January 2018

I came to Casa Cook after a long year of working hard and in need of some rest and relaxation. This lovely boutique hotel located right on the beach in Tamarindo is just what I look forward to every January and I have been staying here for the past four years. I usually come with a different friend as I so like this particular place and location that I try to share the experience with as many of my friends as possible as we are all tired of the all inclusive trip.
It’s a little busier than normal as the new owners of the past year or so have been adding new accommodations and upgrading the pool. But don’t worry as the ocean views and service remain as excellent as ever! Literally, I step out of my beachfront cabina and out to the sand and surf, lounging in a hammock or reading my new book on the beach.
Just as important as the location is to me are the workers who help in every way they can to make your holiday memorable. A big thank you to Sonia, the Manager who can arrange transportation to and from the airport, massages on the beach and day trips to lots of fun places! Everyday, Antonio and Ignacio look after security, bring my chairs to the beach or set up a hammock for me to relax in and their efforts make me feel looked after and safe. When I leave for my walks on the beach to town, the cleaning ladies ensure that my cabina is cleaned top to bottom and when needed, they wash and fold my clothes at a cost of $10. and I have never had any issues with their professionalism. Finally, this is my idea of the perfect getaway from my busy work life and I can’t recommend it enough so just get here already and you won’t regret it. Pura Vida!

Room Tip: Choose a beachfront cabina
Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
4  Thank Kim51960
Reviewed 17 January 2018

LOVE!LOVE!LOVE!!!!!! Perfect location!Great for those wanting to chill out and relax!Great pool,on the beach!What more can you ask for ???We stayed for a month and never wanted to leave!The staff feels like family and are amazing people that are always checking to see how you are!They are always willing to help with whatever you want!This is a boutique style hotel that gives you a sense of home with all self contained units!The house keepers are always available if you need anything extra!They work so hard !All the guards are always there to help and we never felt unsafe !We don't speak spanish ,but it is never a problem!They always are very kind and try there best to figure out what you want.The manager Sonja Is constantly making sure the guests are happy!And is working hard to make sure guests are not creating problems for other guests!! Great work Sonja! So happy you received a promotion,WELL DESERVED lady xo CONGRATS ! Antonio ,what can I say,,,,YOU ROCK!!!! Fernada,,You are the sweetest and worked so hard to make sure we were accommodated after our bad experience with our previous accommodations at Playa Grande!THANKYOU !To Donna ,You Have An Amazing staff!!! Hope you are blessed enough to have them all there for many years to come :)Marianna,so nice to meet you and giving us some great places to eat,you are so kind and fun to talk to! We cannot wait to return,This is our go to place from now on! :) Thank you all for making our vacation perfect!!!!MISSING YOU ALL! PURA VIDA

Room Tip: We stayed in a few of the rooms,our favourite is the cabinas !But liked them all!
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank AWSOME81
Fernanda J, Public Relations Manager at The Coast Beachfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2018

We are all really grateful with you for being so special with the staff and the hotel. We hope to see you back here, thank you for all the kind words.