Hotel Flying Crocodile(Playa Samara)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
US$ 69
  • Pool
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 77/night.

Hotel Kunterbunt(Playa Samara)(Great Value!)
US$ 57
Cabinas Casa Esmeralda(Playa Samara)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$ 50
US$ 40
Bungalow"s Casa Valeria(Playa Samara)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 05/08
Book now, pay at stay
US$ 51
Casa Amarilla Samara(Playa Samara)(Great Value!)
US$ 55
US$ 47
Casa Paraiso Hotel(Playa Samara)(Great Value!)
US$ 43
US$ 41
Barracuda Apartments(Playa Samara)
TripAdvisor
All reviewssamara beachgood sizebreakfast was includedperfect locationnice poolenjoyed our stayin townfridgeprivacy
Reviewed 25 August 2017

The hotel is located a couple of hundred metres from the beach in the main street but despite that the rooms were quiet and peaceful.
The rooms on the second level require negotiating a couple of flights of stairs which can be a hit hard with heavy luggage so rooms on the poolside level are more accessible but don't have the same degree of privacy.
The rooms overlook a nice pool and gardens. The rooms are reasonable sized and allowed us to spread out a bit. Clean and comfortable with good wi-fi in the rooms and excellent air conditioning. Rooms are a bit dated and the double beds are two singles pushed together.
The buffet breakfast is ok to get you going and fairly standard by Costa Rican standards
Friendly, helpful staff made this a nice stay in Samara

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 August 2017

The room was excellent, but not so the staff. They didn't even tell us where breakfast would be served and when we complained about the air conditioning not working the woman at the desk didn't know how to get it going, we had to wait for someone else to come on duty. We had a lovely view from our across the gardens to the pool. The only let down was that the hotel was on the main road and there was a lot of music playing well into the night.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 June 2017 via mobile

I checked in on Sat 10 June. They made me pay the 2 days in advance. My doubts were already justified. We had a discussion about the price that was shown in booking.com and the price actually paid. I had to pay 13% more. Nobody could answer at the reception. I needed to wait in the evening until someone explains me why. Still they asked me if I needed a receipt! Are you kidding? Of course I need a receipt! This is for business purpose.

The shower was my first disappointment:
old shower that hardly lets water flow through. The pool was the second catastrophic experience: dirty water, dirty garden, lot of mosquitoes and just next to a car wash business (lot of noise). The breakfast was as it says itself: broken and fast...
Internet connection? You bet! There is none, even if they give you some code. I reported the problem to the reception at 21:30....doors closed and I had to discuss with the guard...who obviously did not understand what I said.
Conclusion: NEVER AGAIN! I do not recommend this hotel. If TripAdvisor would allow me to score negative stars, i would give them a -5 stars.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 April 2017

My wife and I spent a week at this beach hotel along with our pet dog. The staff was very friendly and the place hotel amenities were satisfactory, including an area for pets. The hotel is a 2-3 minutes’ walk from the beach and it is surrounded by several good restaurants and at least two super markets. All at walking distance. WiFi is free but you can't use media streamers during high season. The catering service breakfast was included in the booking I made but the hotel doesn't have its own restaurant so, be prepared to go out for lunch and dinner. We enjoyed our stay at this hotel and we will return in the future. Our special thanks to Carolina, who was our hostess during most of our stay and managed our reservation process.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 March 2017

We stayed only one night but enjoyed it and would stay there again. It is on main street, within an easy walk to the beach as well as restaurants and shops. Clean, comfortable, nicely arrayed. Great bathroom. Also, there was a small refrigerator, which is always a plus. The staff were very nice and helpful, too. The breakfast buffet was enjoyable. As mentioned, we plan to stay there again.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
DorisPeart, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Samara Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2017

Dear Nancy
Thank you for these wonderful comments from your stay at Hotel Samara Beach,
We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that the service provided met all your expectations, we will be more than glad to have you with us again on your next visit in Samara Beach.
Muchas gracias & Pura vida desde Playa Samara