Hotel Belvedere - Playa Samara(Playa Samara)(Great Value!)
US$ 57
Lodge Las Ranas(Playa Samara)
US$ 107
US$ 288
US$ 101
Hotel Flying Crocodile(Playa Samara)(Great Value!)
US$ 72
US$ 59
  • Pool
Hotel Samara Pacific Lodge(Playa Samara)(Great Value!)
US$ 71
Hotel Giada(Playa Samara)(Great Value!)
US$ 65
US$ 96
Villas Kalimba(Playa Samara)
US$ 112
US$ 107
Samara Palm Lodge(Playa Samara)(Great Value!)
US$ 57
1,030 results
All reviewsswim up barall inclusive packagewild horsesair canadacosta ricabeachfront villaall inclusive plansmaller resortgreat resortadventure tourwear water shoesbar tenderfacing the oceanhorseback ridingchora islandzip lininglow tide
Reviewed 5 October 2012

I visited Hotel Villas Playa Samara from June 9-14. Upon arrival I was highly disappointed my room was mixed up so the room I was given was not even ready. When we got into the room the floors were soaking wet as if they dumped water on the floor to mop it up. After going back to the front desk my room was changed to a room with no AC I was told they were expecting a "BIG" party for the other rooms. Take bug spray because we woke up to bugs all over the room and bed 2 nights in a row. Fast forwarding this is a very relaxing place to visit no TV and very limited internet access. The food is great and make sure to go on an excursion or two..Last but not least ESTEBAN!!!! He made the trip EXCELLENT!!! He gave us nice restaurant options to try and even went along when his schedule allowed to help with the language barrier.. If this hotel clones Esteban it would easily become a 5star establishment along with some renovations

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank Andrea B
Reviewed 4 September 2012

Very good accommodation, nice place, very good service. Kind of old fashion, but not bad at all. The people were very kind and proactive. Beaches are beautiful. The best part was at night, it is close to the town to hanging out. Many Tiki bars and vendors around.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
6  Thank Raton33
Reviewed 3 September 2012

when we saw our assigend villa( 4a), we were schocked. Everthing is dirty and filthy, the office style blinds were hanging around with almost no function, the sink in the bathromm was stuffed and made the water come out in the kitchen.

The linnen was dirty and the air conditioner dripping.

The little store is overpriced and .
Watch out, they trie to charge you even with all inclusice, since you have to sign everythin you eat and drink. This happens to all 3 couples in our group.

The only nice thing were the grounds , the weather and the beach..

We stayed for 3 nights and were glad when wecould leave this filthy place.

Room Tip: do not take villa 4 a
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
11  Thank Wilfried P
Reviewed 28 August 2012

While I enjoyed the scenery of the area, the customer service was short of my expectations. No toilet paper, asked multiple times for items that never came. I wouldn't visit again. It's unfortunately because the beach is excellent!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank valar123
Reviewed 27 August 2012

I'm from Alajuela , CR and visited this hotel due to a triathlon I was participating and this crappy hotel was selected as the official location , so I thought it will be good to stay close from the activity. Pictures on the official website looked nice , but they are not showing the current state of the hotel . First , I reserved for 4 people , 2 queen beds . When we arrived they gave us a KING bed and the other 2 people had to sleep in the coach next to the kitchen, no AC in there, and they did not even fit there. I asked them to fix this and they brought me ONE bed for KIDS.Second,,the AC did not work and just threw water on the king bed.
We asked them to fix it and a guy stayed there for 3 hrs and it just did not work. Second day we asked again to fix it and it never happened, nobody came to check it out.
The exchange rate was ridiculous they used 530colones when the current was 504 , so I had to pay a difference when I check out , Even though we did the deposit for the whole amount. They said there was a buffet breakfast included, first day this did not happened. Second day, they did have the buffet that we decided to have in a nice deck, Suddenly , it started to rain and the roof was broken so we got all wet. There was a lot of humidity in the room and the bathrooms were old and I think not clean enough. I do not recommend this hotel at all, and next year I will definitely stay in another one if they select the same one for the triathlon . It is a shame they do not even care about national tourism .

Room Tip: Ask specifically the type of bed if you are going with friends otherwise they will assume they can sleep in kids beds .
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends