All reviews locked gate grounds are immaculate costa rican breakfast enjoyed staying here air conditioning short walk to the beach large bathroom hot water red snapper standard room rooms are clean villa pool property playa iguanas fridge
Reviewed 29 June 2018

Plays Hermosa is a small beach community. I enjoyed staying here for 6 nights as a "base" hotel to explore the area. I booked a villa for my family of 3. It was comfortable with good air conditioning, a large bathroom, living room, full size refrigerator, flat screen t.v., patio. We enjoyed the restaurant on site. On certain days, they served a buffet for breakfast, with fruit, rice, beans, eggs, sausage, cheese, pasteries, fresh juice and coffee. Other days, they prepared breakfast individually.

We ate a couple of dinners here and enjoyed the full red snapper, pasta and pizza dishes. Prices are more reasonable at this hotel for the same food in other area restaurants but atmosphere is plainer. Ask for rolled ice cream!

The gardens are really pretty and you will hear howler monkeys daily. The pool is small but charming.

We had hot water, a safe that locked, functioning lights and no problems with Villa #6.

The staff is very helpful. Beach is a 5 minute walk.

Large grocery store is up the street and turn right, next to souvenir store. We bought coffee to take home.

Taxi driver from hotel will take you to Coco to shop or airport. David Santamaria:

david81coco@gmail.com

+50689302155

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank tstuckey62
Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

My girlfriend and I spent one night here on our stay at playa hermosa. While it’s price and location were great, those are the only positives I could give it.

We first showed up to being told that they see no record of our reservation which is pretty ridiculous considering we spoke to them on the phone hours before arriving where they knew me by name and told us that our room was ready. So when we got there we had to sit and wait for about half an hour while they worked through their computer systems to find our reservation information.

Then when we got to our room we discovered a leak coming from the AC unit that caused a pretty big puddle of water in our hotel room, luckily none of our things got wet. We called the front desk and they gave us a new room because clearly the AC was broken. Then after this the new room they gave us was actually smaller than our original room and when we went to take a shower there was no hot water at all.

The outside area of the hotel looks really nice and the moment you arrive you just wanna jump into one of the hot tubs but when we were there they were all empty, so I hope anyone else choosing this place ends up arriving when the hot tubs are actually functional.

Another negative, if you are bringing your own car they will have you park it in their gated parking garage, which is a good piece of mind but then getting the car out of the parking garage becomes quite the hassle. You will need a worker to open the garage for you and finding them isn’t always very easy. When I went to the front desk the receptionist told me that the maintenance guy is over there now waiting for me so I go back and he wasn’t there and I stood around for a couple minutes and just decided to figure out how to open the gate myself. I found the electric box on some side wall and just started pressing buttons which ended up working out but I’m sure I wasn’t supposed to be doing what I did.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Phillip V
Reviewed 26 April 2018

A last minute visit to Costa Rica found us scrambling for accomodations the night before we flew out. Villa Acacia had a standard room at $70. The room was clean and comfortable. Parking was secure. The Costa Rican breakfast, which was included in the room price, was tasty and filling. This hotel is a short walk from the beach. The beautiful garden setting was quiet and serene. We will return!

Room tip: Standard and Superior rooms are located above the secure parking garage. The eight octagonal suites sleep 1-4.
Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 22 March 2018

Terrible. Worst staff. Do NOT book there. We booked with Expedia and had an unexpected death in our family. We called, emailed, called, emailed - OVER A MONTH IN ADVANCE! NO RESPONSE. They charged us A TON of money and would not speak with us.

DO NOT BOOK WITH THESE UNETHICAL FOLKS

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Andrea Z
Reviewed 20 March 2018

Small, quite, great food, close to the beach, and rooms are clean. We loved out stay and would stay with them, again. That says a lot. We got breakfast with our room. They helped us book tours. You are close to great food.

Date of stay: March 2018