Book In Advance
Tours from Guanacaste Dreams Vacations tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Guanacaste Dreams Vacations
from US$ 215.00
from US$ 190.00
from US$ 225.00
from US$ 200.00
More Info
All reviews remarkable experience day trip fish costa rica miller neighborhoods cliffs atv vehicle purchase river sloths guanacaste wildlife tour guide captain
Reviewed yesterday

Gabriel (Gabo) picked us up at our resort and drove us everywhere. Great conversation with him in the car. He is native from Playas del Coco and really pretty good with English as his second language. He's knows a lot about the area, history and ecology- so there was great discussion between segments of the trip. First was the waterfall- beautiful little tucked away spot. I could have spent the day there swimming and exploring, but we had to move on. Prepare to take a towel and dry off if you want to swim in the water, you don't have to of course. Next: The river float was gorgeous with lots of crocs (not gators like another reviewer said!!) birds, lizards, iguanas etc. Lunch was definitely authentic local fare, professionally served (waiters work at being good in their trade in Costa Rica) and tasty (but get the chicken, not the beef steak...). Later at the wildlife reserve, the sloths were plentiful, but most were high enough that anyone who brings binoculars is thinking ahead and will be rewarded! I wish my zoom was better on my camera. The attention to detail was amazing by our guide who saw walking sticks (I swear I could have put my hand on that thing and never suspected it was alive), green frogs, red frogs and lots of vegetation pointed out to us. Beautiful!! My biggest regret/misfortune is that my phone overheated on the river float and I didn't get any pics at the end of it or later. Fortunately, Gabriel got some and gave us his business care with his personal cell- he was willing to share that with us so we could get the pics, but I kept the card in my pocket and it didn't survive the hot tub later that day at the resort, so Gabriel- if you are out there, please use our email to send us the iguana pics and others :-)

Reviewed yesterday

It was a great experience! Not only did we go through the river he guided us and stopped so we can see houling monkeys and native people in that area.

Reviewed 2 days ago

Great tour! So much fun. We learned so much about Costa Rica from Miller. He was the perfect tour guide. I highly recommend taking a tour with Guanacaste Dreams Vacations. I will book another tour with them when I return to Costa Rica.

Reviewed 2 days ago

This trip was by far our favorite part of Costa Rica. It was personal. We werent rushed and went at our own pace. The excursions were amazing. If you're not in decent shape this tour may not be for you. Hiking to the river and waterfall was a slight hike. Absolutely not one complaint. If you're contemplating, just book it! And Miller was amazing, very helpful and knowledgeable.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We had an excellent guide, named Miller. It was a private tour, so just Miller and the three of us. We rode in a new Toyota Jeep, so it was good on the roads, terrain and air-conditioned. We went to a private property in the dry rainforest and we saw sloths, birds, frogs, butterflies, beautiful scenery and we learned a lot about the flora and fauna. (Luckily, we didn't see snakes). Miller was assisted by another guide who helped point everything out to us.
We were supplied water and we needed it! We went on a moderately challenging hike- not for everyone- but it was amazing. We went to the "blue water" and the scenery was breathtaking. We had a delicious lunch at a local hillside restaurant. One of the best meals during the trip. We saw lots of birds - including hummingbirds- butterflies, parrots and so much more. Due to heavy rains, we could not get to the waterfalls. Miller drove us around the beautiful countryside to see the volcanoes, and along the way, we found two trees full of Toucans! It was worth the whole vacation! It was a great day and we got to experience and see beautiful scenery and landscapes. Miller was very educated, easy to talk to, sociable, and knowledgeable. I would recommend this tour, but keep in mind, the hike may not be for everyone. Make sure you bring a camera!

Reviewed 10 October 2018

We did the 4in1 sloths waterfalls volcanos and rainforest adventure. It was an excellent full day trip and Miller was a great guide, showing us all sorts of wildlife that we wouldn’t have spotted ourselves. Thanks!

1  Thank shaunyham
Reviewed 16 September 2018

My husband and I booked this tour and had a great time! Miller picked us up from our hotel promptly at 9am, then drove us to the starting point of our excursion where we used the restroom, signed waivers, and picked up our Jeep. Neither my husband nor or I wished to drive, so Miller was nice enough to drive the vehicle for us which allowed us to just sit back and enjoy the sights. We saw beautiful landscapes and even some Howler monkeys. We stopped at a gorgeous private beach where got to get out and admire the sights as well as jump in and take a dip! Miller was very good at pointing out landmarks/points of interest during our tour, as well as the wildlife. He allowed us to stay at each location as long as we pleased and even took some GREAT panoramic pictures for us. We never felt rushed at all during the tour. He provided the perfect balance of information and allowing us to just take in the breathtaking sights. After the Jeep tour we went to the Diamanté Wildlife Animal Sanctuary which was AMAZING. Miller walked around with us the entire time giving us facts and background information that was very fun and interesting! It was like having a guided private tour of your own personal zoo. We saw Jaguars, Ocelots, Sloths, Monkeys, Toucans, Crocodiles, and more! My husband and I are huge animal lovers and this was definitely a highlight of the excursion for us. At the end of tour was a delicious buffet style lunch (included in the “All Inclusive” excursion package we purchased).We had a wonderful time with Miller. He was both personable and professional. He talked with us about all sorts of topics like we were old friends , but was also very knowledgeable and engaging when speaking about Costa Rica and aspects of the tour. We had a great time with Miller, and you will too!

Reviewed 15 September 2018

This tour made the entire trip. Miller was awesome and made sure our experience was top notch!!! Started with an amazing waterfall view followed by a float down the river where we saw monkeys, crocodiles (yes!), lizards, iguanas, birds, and all sorts of wildlife. They fed us a traditional Costa Rican meal after that (extremely good)! And then we went to the jungle where we saw sloths, frogs, and more wildlife! Honestly 10/10 excursion. Honestly, I’ve done many excursions before and this was amazing that it could just be my boyfriend, myself, and our guide (def worth the extra $$). My favorite thing we did the entire week stay in Costa Rica and something we will NEVER forget!!! Thank you Miller!!!

Reviewed 15 September 2018

Our trip with Guanacaste Dream Vacation was absolutely amazing. Miller took us to places that were not touristy and we were able to spend time in (Real Costa Rica). The mountains, rivers and rainforest were spectacular! We were even able to see many sloths and one up close. I would definitely recommend this tour if you plan to visit Gaunacaste.

Reviewed 5 September 2018

The fishing was amazing, the resort exquisite, weather perfect. Might have to do this one again, even though this was our second time visiting!