“Great and safety-conscious ziplining”

Sky Adventures - Arenal Park
Sky Adventures Park: Zipline and Gondola Tour
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Costa Rica Sky Adventures its an adventure theme park located at Arenal Volcano, near La fortuna. In this park you can do the exiting Sky Trek zip lines, the Sky Tram cable car tour and the trilling Sky Walk hanging bridges, all in one same place offering you souvenir shop, Chill Out restaurant, hotel shuttle service and a hummingbird and orchid garden complementary tour.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Reviewed 6 April 2018

The guides are super nice and will make sure you feel safe and comfortable ziplining. The ziplining itself is amazing, although a little more variety and maybe one or two more ziplines would help to make it more worth the pretty hefty price.

All reviews
in 59 reviews
"free lockers"
in 26 reviews

Reviewed 6 April 2018

In March/18 took the Sky Tram to the top of the mountain to do the Sky Trek Zip Line. This was undoubtedly the Highest, Fastest and Longest runs I have been on. The views of Arenal Lake and Volcano are fabulous if you can take your eyes off the Zip Wire while you are flying over the valley way, way, below! The cost is a bit steep at $81 US but I thought what the hell!!. Once you are up the mountain there is no turning back. About 2 to 2.5hrs to do whole thing with 5 stations crossing the valley. Yee Haw!!

Reviewed 6 April 2018

Wow!!! This is an awesome experience. The zipline crew is fabulous! I was afraid on the first run and one of the crew rode with me to get me over my jitters. His name was Cristian. We enjoyed the SkyTram up to the zipline, and then all the ziplines were great. The way this zipline is done is so much easier than any I have done before. There's one run that is half a mile in distance. It's fantastic. You sit up so you can look around rather than penciling all the way. It's very safe! I am so thankful that Cristian rode with me on the first run or I wouldn't have gotten to experience such a great time! It's so worth it!!!!

1  Thank Sharie9471
Reviewed 5 April 2018

My wife and I booked the SkyTram and through Sky Adventures at Arenal. This was the first time zip lining for either of us.

As soon as we parked our car, we were greeted in the parking lot by an employee who told us exactly where to go. We were fitted with gear and promptly sent on our way even though we were a little early. Our gear was safety checked a couple different times and everyone was as friendly as could be. The whole process was well explained and ran smoothly from start to finish.

There were 7 zip lines, some short, some long and fast. The wait between runs was minimal as the employees kept everything running efficiently.

Everything about this company felt professional and safe, while keeping it fun for both of us. They take their time to explain all the safety aspects, demonstrate proper body position and braking techniques, and check your gear along the way. I highly recommend this operation if you are considering a zip line tour. 5 Stars all the way!

See more reviews
Reviewed 5 April 2018

Dreadful experience and costly too. The ride up was minutes long, no more than 10. Just a bunch of tourists talking about nonsense - no information from the "guide". The weather was appalling, raining in bucketsful so we saw nothing at all. No view at the top at all, just torrential rain and nothing to be seen but rain. Trip down was the same.
Now, I know they can't do anything about the weather but we asked before setting off if there would be a good view and got the nod. I also emailed before we set off since the forecast was not good, but got no reply.
I have since heard that they will give a refund in such circumstances but nothing was forthcoming, neither has my credit card been refunded.
Beware. Don't do it just for the sky Tram.