I am very excited to leave a review for Nayara Hotel and Spa. This hotel was part one of our two part trip to Costa Rica. We spent four days at Nayara Hotel, Spa and Garden and another four days at Four Seasons Resort Costa Rica at Peninsula Papagayo. Pairing these two places in our trip was the best idea because we got to experience the local culture, volcano, and outdoor activities by staying near the Arenal Volcano, and we also got a chance to relax at the beach by staying at the Four Seasons. I highly recommend the Four Seasons Costa Rica, but that is another review. Here is why Nayara Hotel is awesome:
Service: I cannot emphasize enough how important is good service. I do not care how beautiful a room or resort is if the service is lacking. A vacation becomes an annoyance at that point. However, that is not the case with Nayara. From the time we entered the adorable lobby with the towering volcano behind the building, to the time we had to sadly leave the hotel, the staff was always there to assists us. Jorge the manager, Lindsay the concierge, Victor and everyone else at the hotel was so nice; I cannot remember the last time I got to know everyone’s name at a hotel. At the same time, they got to know us. The answered all our questions about activities we were interested in doing, and they also booked all the activities for us. There was never a problem and the tour company they used was very professional as well.
On our first night here, there was a coffee hour with the staff in the lobby. The guests can ask questions about almost anything and the staff was happy to answer. This is just one example of the intimate experiences we cherished during our stay.
Rooms: Beautiful. We had a great view of Arenal Volcano. We had the “smaller” room that Nayara offers, and we never felt like we needed the bigger room. It was definitely bigger than typical standard rooms at a hotel. Oh, and having a rain shower is always a delight.
Restaurant: This is a small boutique style hotel so there is only one real restaurant on site. We ate there every day except when we were out for our tours. Most items for dinner are less than $30 and less than $20 for lunch. Breakfast is included, which consisted of fresh fruits, Costa Rican style eggs, plantains, rice and beans, and an omelet station to name just some of the items. I especially enjoyed the assortment of different pastries that went well with the hot coffee we were served in our own french press. Another example of good service is that the staff offered us to pack a to-go bag for when we had to take our day long tours, and we gladly picked out sandwiches and pastries from the breakfast buffet that we took with us during our 5 mile hike to Rio Celeste.
There is a small area next to the pool with a bar that offers small plate and sushi. It has a great patio and like every places in the hotel, it has a great view. This bar also offers a half off happy hour from 4-6pm. I really appreciate that they didn’t charge us full price for my virgin drinks, because most places typically do.
Spa: The spa facility is small but that is not a surprise for a small hotel. its clean and beautiful regardless. I got the deep tissue massage. It was invigorating and relaxing.
Overall logistics when visiting Costa Rica: We flew into San Jose airport, booked a driver to take us to Nayara, booked another driver to take us from Nayara to the Four Seasons, we flew out from Liberia airport.
No matter the hotel, you will run into random insects, so pack bug repellant, especially if you’re leaving the resort for a tour our hike. It rains randomly, but we were lucky that this happened mainly late at night for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arenal Nayara Hotel Spa & Gardens is a five star luxury boutique hotel that is widely recognized for providing premium luxury amenities and ultra-personalized service at surprisingly affordable rates. Located on the outskirts of the amazing Arenal Volcano, Arenal Nayara is an oasis of tranquility, where guests can experience a profound and organic immersion with nature, while living in luxury at the same time. Surrounded by lush tropical rainforest, each one of our 50 spacious casitas (bungalows) provide an exclusive, ultra-luxurious retreat. Each expansive casita (ranging from 855 to 1905 square feet) includes a secluded garden with an outdoor shower and a beautiful terrace overlooking the volcano with a private, intimate Jacuzzi for two. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Expedia so you can book your Nayara Resort Spa & Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Nayara Hotel And Gardens
- Arenal Nayara Hotel Gardens
- Nayara Resort Spa & Gardens Costa Rica/La Fortuna De San Carlos