I was overwhelmed by the number of hotels near Arenal National Park and was not sure where to stay. But I was VERY pleased with my choice to stay at Casa Luna.
The grounds were beautiful, with all the lush foilage on the property. Each room felt very secluded in the way they situated buildings on the property. The buildings consist of 4 separate rooms (but the rooms do not share walls, just floor/ceiling). We didn't notice much noise at all during our 2 nights there (and I am a light sleeper). Since the hotel is outside of downtown La Fortuna (a couple km south), there was not a lot of noise on the property from trucks or roads. This also allowed the birds to be more comfortable visiting the property, allowing it to be a very relaxing experience.
The rooms were very nicely decorated and very clean. The beds were extremely comfortable. I especially enjoyed the view of Arenal volcano when we woke up and the sounds of all the birds visiting the flowers. We were in building D and had an upper room, which provided better views than lower rooms.
The restaurant food was excellent, and priced very reasonably (for lunch and dinner). Breakfast selection was huge as well (multiple types of fruit, scrambled eggs, sliced meats and cheeses, bread, butter and jellies, cereal, juices, coffee, rice, and black beans). The wait staff were friendly and spoke some English, which helped when we had questions and didn't know the appropriate Spanish.
Reception staff were also very helpful, always friendly, and gave good recommendations for nearby activities and restaurants in town.
Although there was supposed to be Wifi in the rooms, the signal was not strong enough to use in the room. Sometimes it was strong enough on the balcony, but it was best in reception or the restaurant.
**And just an example of how they think about their guests...they provide a complimentary umbrella to use...just in case! We didn't need it, but it was nice to know there was one available to use.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Luna Hotel & Spa is close to the Arenal Volcano and La Fortuna Waterfall, surrounded by the Cerro Chato Hill and Cerro los Perdidos mountain. Giving us an outstanding peace and harmony. Our distinctive "touch" is provided by the architectural harmony around the hotel. This colonial and rustic architecture has been reached with the delicious combination between wood, metal, color and wall texture, complemented with beautiful accessories. We offer personalized service beyond excellence to exceed your expectations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Casa Luna Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Luna Hotel And Spa
- Casa Luna Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Casa Luna Hotel & Spa Costa Rica/La Fortuna De San Carlos