All reviews private waterfall horseback ride to the waterfall hobbit house heliconia house lava lizard farm chores steve and deb zip lining fresh milk costa rica collecting eggs arenal volcano milking cows gathering eggs riding horses farm to table every morning
Reviewed 8 October 2018

This is my second visit and already I want to return. I joined a workshop for women which was enlightening, enriching and so full of joy. The horses we worked with are beautiful creatures from the inside out and are totally committed to 'helping and supporting us'. The yoga with Eric was by far the best yoga experience I have encountered as it was a spiritual and soul replenishing moving meditation not just a work out.
I love the cabins that are all unique and surrounded by their own little nature reserve. They are not luxurious but basic and tasteful, superbly clean with crisp white linen and offer total peace and relaxation.
The restaurant is open plan overlooking the stunning natural swimming pool that is available for swimming 24/7 and looks out over the rain forest to the very majestic Volcano Arenal.
The meals are delicious and healthy and made with local organic ingredients.
The sense of being loved, respected and heard is nurturing and energising and you leave uplifted, motivated and rejuvenated with the gift of insight, belief and faith. Paisa my little horse will be with me forever.

Room Tip: All the cabins are unique and beautiful. I loved 'Monkey'.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 October 2018

Beautiful place that is paradise. Quiet, Relaxing and I gained self insight from the Horse workshop I attended. It was very valuable. It was worth every penny! And more....
Debbie and Sally led a Retreat called Power of You and it has started my process of healing. All of the staff at L and L were so attentive and caring. I will definitely return to LEaves and Lizards. IT is truly a wonderful place. If you are thinking of going to L and L Just go! Stop thinking and book it!

Room Tip: All the rooms have great views of the Arsenal Volcano.
Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Debbie L, Owner at Leaves and Lizards Arenal Volcano Cabin Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2018

Hola! thanks for your kind words, we are fortunate to have found such a beautiful property to have a place for people to connect back to nature and to themselves too!
Pura Vida...we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 29 September 2018

I attended an eponicity workshop at Leaves & Lizards, which was life changing and profound for me. I recommend the exploratory journey these workshops offer, particularly for anyone who has never had the privilege of close encounters with horses before. As for the space that Debbie and Steve have created and hold at their establishment- it is beyond anything I've ever experienced. Each day, a new little pitcher of fresh milk from the retreat's cow appeared in my cabin's mini fridge. I luxuriated in the roomy cabin, enjoying my full wall-sized picture window view of the Arenal volcano. Hammock time on my porch over the rainforest was amazing. Food was yummy and super fresh, and eaten with a spectacular open air view of the powerful volcano. Living with Steve's art all around me was very special. Debbie and Steve, and Sally, and their staff and herd of horses, chickens, and cow and dogs have created a paradise. Though I want abundant business for them, I am tempted to jealously guard knowledge of this place. But good people, please go and enjoy!

Room Tip: They're all good rooms!
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank EvaOfNewYork
Debbie L, Owner at Leaves and Lizards Arenal Volcano Cabin Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2018

Eva! Thanks for your review. It was a pleasure to have you here and be part of our experience! The volcano creates a special atmosphere and some say provides us with an energetic reboot, we humans needs once in a while! Our staff does an amazing job preparing food with loving hands, much like matriarchal family would do! They want to make sure nourishment comes from all directions!
Pura Vida!

Reviewed 18 September 2018

I attended the Power of You Retreat this time. It was truly memorable. Debbie and her crew made this trip spectacular. The accommodations are perfect. Super clean and incredible view of the Volcano. We stayed in the Tree house again. I highly recommend staying here. The retreats are what makes this place so memorable. The Horses are perfect. I get such a strong energy from the horses that it stays with me and changes my outlook in a positive way. I recommend looking through their website to see upcoming retreats. So many people could use this to help find clarity and help change difficult situations. If you do not want a retreat this resort will not disappoint. There are walking trails through the jungle an amazing pool and so close to many activities. The food is authentic Costa Rican cuisine as well as Pizza as an alternative.

Room Tip: All rooms have views of the Volcano. If you have difficulty walking ask for a room close to the restaurant.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family

Hi, P. Thanks for your kind words. It was great to have you back and spend some quality time during the retreat. The Tree House is an incredible piece of architecture, that is for sure! I think when Steve designed it, he saw it completed and then backed up from there to make it come into reality!
Hope to see you again...

Reviewed 18 August 2018

A little tough to get there with the unpaved roads, but worth the effort. When we arrived we were greeted by Alejandro who couldn't have made us feel more welcome. He was certainly a highlight throughout our stay... always cheery, fun, and accommodating. The Tree House was better than we had hoped for. Beautiful, clean, comfortable, and well designed. The kids loved hanging out in the tree loft and my wife and I loved having coffee on the back deck overlooking the forest. Really, everything about it was perfect. The kids loved the farm chores. In my 10 year old's words "I'll never take milk for granted again". The horse experience was wonderful. We really enjoyed the connection approach with the horses. Lena and Enrique (and Enrique's son) were awesome. The food was way better than I had expected or hoped for. Some of the most thoughtful and delicious meals i have had in a long time. The dining area, bar, and pool are very comfortable and quaint. Overall, this place is awesome and provided a very unique and personal experience that enhanced our visit to CR. Good job L&L Team! We will be back.

Room Tip: The Tree House is awesome!
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Hi Jason, thanks for taking the time to write this amazing review! We are so happy our staff made your stay memorable and comfortable. We hope to see you again sometime!