2,932 results
All reviews swim up bar sushi bar hot springs costa rica wet bar golf cart tour desk thermal pools caravan tour main restaurant great view of the volcano breakfast buffet room key beautiful grounds rocking chairs welcome drink humming birds
Reviewed 25 August 2016 via mobile

My husband and I stayed for 2 nights. We loved the grounds, daily breakfast, room, staff and location. The pools, hot spots, and hammocks made for a relaxed atmosphere. The concierge was particularly helpful. The restaurant was a bit pricey was our only down side. We would definitely stay again.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

I really enjoyed this location. The grounds were very well maintained, the rooms were clean- our little bungalow was nicely appointed. The food was pricey but portions large enough for two. Loved the tiered hot water pool. I highly recommend this stop in Costa Rica.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Thomas G
Reviewed 22 August 2016

My husband and I stayed here on our honeymoon and it was very different from the other places. It is a very large resort, so you don't have the intimacy of a smaller place. The grounds are very nice and you really don't have to leave the resort if you don't want to. Prices at the restaurants are VERY expensive. We weren't expecting that, but were luckily able to comply.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 August 2016 via mobile

We were passing through and decided to stay the night - my kids were saying "why are we leaving?" Breakfast, dinner, hot springs, room accommodations and wonderful staff - love it!!!! We are on our way to punts islita but it will be a place we will always remember -

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 August 2016

The best parts: 1. welcoming drink upon arrival, 2. professional staff, 3. relatively efficient service when we had problems with the room (door, safe), 4. cool shower open to the air with a mini-garden, 5. views, 6. hearty breakfasts with great coffee, 7. lovely landscaping, and 8. THE POOLS. We and our children loved the pools - they are so beautifully landscaped, and the comforts are plenty (huge towels, nice showers, comfortable chairs, hammocks, cool swim-up bar). The iguanas were fun to watch.

The parts that need work: 1. restaurant service was abysmal, and prices are ridiculous, 2. staff tend to be aloof, almost cold, 3. some parts of the property are less attractive (e.g., ugly metal fencing along property line, utilitarian areas that could be softened with landscaping, etc., 4. hard, uncomfortable mattresses, and 5. rank urine-adjacent, mildewy smell in rooms (bedding, pillows). There was fragrance in the room to combat the smell, and I know that it's hard to manage smells and mildew in humid climates, but it truly was bad enough to keep me up at night. Even the kids noticed it, which is unusual for them.

If I'm staying in a cheaper place, I wouldn't complain in this way, but the more I pay, the more I expect in return for my money.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family