I thought this place was nice. It's quiet, clean, and tucked away from all the noise of the town. You have a view of both Cerro Chato and La Arenal from the property. I didn't use the swimming pool, but the breakfast was delicious and filling. You have the option of asking to dine-in (for lunch or dinner), or you can walk to the supermarket to purchase something to eat. There are also a few Sodas nearby to grab a bite.
We stayed only a few nights, and spent most of our time hiking to the waterfalls or rafting in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at the base of the Arenal Volcano, Costa Rica (2.5 kms. from La Fortuna, on the road to Catarata Rio's Fortuna and only 15minutes by car from Tabacon's Hot Springs) with a spectacular view of the southeast side of the volcano, we have the advantage of being at a slightly higher altitude than La Fortuna, thus cooler. Also, we are off the main road enough to avoid the sound of grinding gears that are audible from almost all other hotels. The rooms are very spacious (32m2) with 1 double and 1 single bed, a large private bath with hot water, screened windows, ceiling fans, verandas with table and chairs, and landscaped grounds abundant with tropical flowers and birds. Full breakfast, available lunches, horse rental, laundry, internet service and secure parking lot. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and HostelWorld so you can book your Cerro Chato Eco Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cerro Chato Eco Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Cerro Chato Eco Lodge Costa Rica/La Fortuna De San Carlos