Arenal Paraiso is ideal for the excursions in the Volcano area...both those in house and those offered by outside organisations. Reception is easy (bags get dropped off/collected to/from your cabin) and there is a souvenir shop directly opposite where you can get the odd basics as well. A short walk from here is the main restaurant 'Rancho Paraiso' which serves very tasty meals from 06.30am to 10.00pm (the adjoining dinning area is where breakfast is taken (buffet style - and its excellent) To the right of this are the swimming pools, with a wet bar and just beyond,a Spa, Gym and the natural hot spring pools. In your cabins, you'll probably have two kingsize beds, AC, TV, dresser, safe and verandas to the front and rear - with rocking chairs. From here, you'll likely see, Iguana, Toucans, Humming birds, Flycatchers, Howler Monkeys....and you'll have a view of the Volcano! Book the zip wire at the desk in reception foyer...yes you can do it...no really you can, its brilliant, and you don't have to be Mr Supafit! Take an excursion up to The Arenal Volcano, hear the story of it origins and more contemporary history...and watch the sun set....one of the most stunning things I have ever seen! If you want to get a beer to take back to your cabin there is a chiller by Restaurant reception and you can buy them there. And if you have any concerns about the water from the taps...don't worry, its drinkable and safe. Out of the main entrance about 1km or so in either direction are mini marts, so if you want snacky things or other essentials then here is where you'll get them. In October, the resort is very quiet so it might seem a bit barren, but I'm assured it does pick up considerably when in season.....so if you like the chattering groups that's the time to go.....me, I liked being among the whispering few....it made it easier to hear the birds singing. Liked the resort a lot though!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy of cozy & comfortable rooms surrounded by tropical gardens, with the best view of Arenal Volcano. Discover the wellness of our hot springs and our Mayin Spa. Taste the Costa Rica flavor, international cuisine and the best steak house in the area. Feel the adrenaline on our Canopy Tour, and take the best shots of Arenal volcano on our horseback riding. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Arenal Paraiso Hotel Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Paraiso Hotel Resort And Spa
- Arenal Paraiso Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Hotel Arenal Paraiso
- Arenal Paraiso Hotel Resort & Spa Costa Rica/La Fortuna De San Carlos