We absolutely ADORED Tabacon Resort. We lucked out and got a very reduced rate because we booked about 4 days in advance to stay here on a whim for our honeymoon. This place was fantastic. We paid a bit extra for an upgrade to a suite (the one right below the honeymoon suite price-wise) and we are SO glad we did. Our room was away from the rest in a block of I think 5 other rooms instead of 20 or so like the other blocks. We'd open our large sliding glass doors and see nothing (and hear nothing!) but jungle. It was the BEST place for a honeymoon ever. The rooms were clean and bug-less (unlike other places we stayed in Costa Rica... understandable but still). We read the reviews about untrustworthy staff stealing things from other people's rooms so we kept the Do Not Disturb sign on the door and locked our luggage just in case and had no problems. The hotsprings were hands-down the best thing we've experienced... so relaxing and we went on a weekday so they weren't very crowded at all; felt private. And it came with a laptop & free high speed internet, which I don't think the other rooms come with.
The food was good but not worth the money. My advice is to load up on groceries in town before heading to Tabacon (cabs into town are really pricey once you're there). We spent almost $200 a night on dinner which we only did because it was our honeymoon... for any other occasion we would have had heart attacks.
The spa at Tabacon was nice but overpriced. I had a good deep tissue massage but my husband hated his back massage. He said it felt like the masseuse didn't really know what she was doing... and it cost an arm and a leg. The atmosphere was really nice though & we liked listening to the jungle sounds while getting a massage.
Besides that, everything was worth the money. It was absolutely fantastic and we hope to return someday!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the heart of the tropical rainforest at the base of the majestic Arenal Volcano in the northern Region of Costa Rica. This five-star carbon neutral resort offers a unique blend of nature, adventure and relaxation. A member of The Leading Hotels of the World, Tabacon provides luxurious accommodations, services and amenities in a picture-perfect natural setting. The resort's unique healing thermal mineral spring river emerge from the volcanic earth, cascading to form waterfalls, streams, tranquil pools and ponds. Explore Shangri-La Gardens an hotel guests and adults-only hideaway, delight your senses with world- class cuisine inspired by local fares or surprise that special person with a gala dinner in the middle of the rainforest. Inside the gardens is the resort's Grand Spa, member of The Leading Spas of the World which combines a beautiful location with a singular spa experience, where treatments are rendered in open air bungalows all of them with private jacuzzi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ and Agoda so you can book your Tabacon Thermal Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Tabacon Grand Hotel Thermal
- Tabacon Grand Resort Thermal
- Tabacon Resort
- Tabacon Hot Springs
- Tabacon Thermal Resort & Spa Costa Rica/La Fortuna De San Carlos