“Dinner”

Restaurante Garra-Pata
Price range: US$ 6 - US$ 30
Cuisines: Costa Rican
Description: Specialty in meats. A paradise to taste excellent grilled meat, smoked pork ribs in our original wood grill every day, with the original BBQ sauce (recipe of the house). Seafood, rice and salads for different tastes. We make our own salad dressing. Quality meat in different and varied cuts
Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

Had ribs and entraña, it was delicious. The service was friendly and great. Would definitely go back.

Angela V, Director de Recepción at Restaurante Garra-Pata, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2018

Thank you very much Gabriel.

It was an honor to have you here.
Because of our dishes, we make new friends, as well as you.
We wait for you with open arms when you want to return.
See you soon!

Reviewed 30 August 2018

Our family had the steak and chicken. Food was great with ample portions. Would highly recommend the grilled chicken with avocado sauce.

Angela V, Director de Recepción at Restaurante Garra-Pata, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2018

Thank you very much for your comment. It was really a pleasure to have you here. Chicken in avocado sauce is one of our most liked varieties. We hope to have you again here and there.

Reviewed 26 August 2018

We visited this restaurant on 8/24 after several locals recommended. It was great. The food was great, the atmosphere was great and the staff was excellent. The restaurant is owned by a local resident. My wife had the guacamole chicken grilled, I had the Skirt Steak BBQ and my kids had the Local Costa Rican Plate. They were all excellent plates. I highly recommend this place.

Angela V, Director de Recepción at Restaurante Garra-Pata, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2018

Hello.

What a pleasure it gives us when they let us know that are pleased with our work.

Thank you for visiting us. We are at your service when you like to come back here.

Reviewed 17 August 2018

We had asked our driver that took us to our hotel (Hotel Silencio del Campo) for a recommendation for dinner. He mentioned Garra-Pata. This was a local place and the food...OMG!!! When we walked in, the Owner greeted us and was so very nice! Ordering was quick and easy. The food was incredible! It comes out on the hot skillets still sizzling when brought to you. It is literally the best steak I've had even better than in Massachusetts! I had the sirloin and it was incredibly tender and just so good! My husband wanted the Cowboy but they unfortunately ran out. He had the sirloin with shrimp and it was delicious!! I would highly highly recommend a visit. You would not be making a mistake by coming here!

1  Thank TeeTeeH20
Angela V, Director de Recepción at Restaurante Garra-Pata, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2018

Hello!
Thank you for your comment.
We are very pleased that you have had such a great experience with us. It is the fruit of our daily effort and commitment to each of our customers. Here we are waiting for you when you want to come back.

Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

I had the ribeye after it was suggested that their steaks are excellent. It looked amazing and the presentation was impressive (sizzling on a cast iron pan). The steak itself was very fatty, chewy and bland. And then it had other spots that just tasted burnt. The vegetables were very tasty.

The food is 3 stars but I knocked off another star for service. Once I had my food I was never attended to again. My cup was empty minutes into my meal and I had to flag down the waiter as my attempt to make eye contact didn't work.

Then I removed another star because the lady who processed my payment told me it was better for me to pay in US dollars. This seemed odd but in the moment I took her word for it only to notice later that it was a poor exchange rate (better for them, not me). This is dishonest and I could never recommend them.

Hi, Suzanne.
We are very sorry that the dish has not been to your liking and you did not let us know at the time to take the appropriate measures.
I commented that the Rib Eye by nature is a fatty cut and you may have wanted something leaner.
As for the form of payment, the cashier always asks the client what kind of currency they wish to pay because most foreigners prefer to pay in dollar due to the exchange rate.
We appreciate your comment to not make such mistakes. Again, apologies for your disagreement.