See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 January 2014

As a part of a school tour group from the United States, this hotel was chosen by the company that planned our visit. There is no way I or my daughter were staying here; even if it was only for two nights. Our room was on the main level, had no privacy curtain (only a lace drapery), the towels and linens were dirty, there were bugs on the pillows, garbage in the garbage cans from previous guests, and we had no water. In addition, we had an additional guest...a spider the size of my hand! We managed to arrange a room across the road (thanks to a VERY GENEROUS tour guide), and had no troubles at all. After the first night, there was a moth the size of my hand hanging in the very same lace curtains. Major bug problem!! I would not recommend this hotel to anyone, no matter what the circumstances. Hopefully the school tour company gets it together and starts choosing a different hotel in this region.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Amy E
Reviewed 14 July 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed at the hotel with my tour group and it was the worst experience I have ever had. The rooms were bug infested, staind sheets, and the bathroom was horrible. The food was bad and the kitchen was an open air kitchen. There was a pool but it was not filled up until we left. The rooms were also not clean there were crushed Bug on the curtains and the walls and the ceiling was leaking. They do not change the table settings and the breakfast was two peices of toast and a little fruit. I DO NOT RECEMOND THIS HOTEL!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank pepperkreuz
Reviewed 18 June 2013

An American school group was just there and a guy was climbing into rooms through the bathrooms. He stole purses and cell phones. It had to be an inside job because he only stole from the adults and the hotel didn't do anything to help. They switched hotels that day. Several hundreds of American dollars, purses and cell phones were stolen. One adult saw the guy climbing in and startled him and he ran away. Do not stay here.

Room Tip: Do not stay here.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank mrMister2001
Reviewed 27 March 2012

The hotel was alright, but it had a major bug problem. Our bathroom floor was covered with them! However, I wouldn't say it was too low quality for a hotel in Costa Rica.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Gordon W
Reviewed 30 July 2011

My husband and I planned to stay one night only in this part of costal rica so we chose this place after looking at their website. Wow the pictures are very deceiving. We thought we were staying in something similar to a reasonably priced holiday inn not a roadside truck stop. The man at the reception area was polite but when we walked in the room I thought it was a bad dream. Fortunately we only have to stay here 7 hours. I hope they fix this place one day because one positive thing it has is a great view of the volcano.

Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple