“The most fun thing I've done in my whole life!”
Review of Sunset Tours

Sunset Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Sunset Tours provides amazing tours in Arenal, Costa Rica, since 1989. Enjoy daily adventures such as a volcano hike, relaxing hot springs, Cano Negro wildlife viewing, hanging bridges, canopy zip line and waterfall rappelling. We also can reserve private transfers all over Costa Rica, and custom tours. We look forward to providing authentic and memorable Costa Rican experiences. Now you can enjoy the new attraction, La Roca Canyoning.
Plano, Texas
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“The most fun thing I've done in my whole life!”
Reviewed 24 March 2012

"La Roca" - canyoneering with Sunset Tours is, without a question, the most fun thing I have ever done in my whole life.

Unlike other rappelling outings - this one has much more to offer. Great lunch, a zip line, a "tarzan" swing, and a couple of direct-jump plunges just like Tom Sawyer did it.

This was my first time to rappel. There were about 20 people in my group - including a tiny 8 year old girl. The guides were amazing, encouraging, and friendly - even by Tico standards. I felt so safe the entire time.

Mario - our lead guide - was outstanding! He was great with kids, helped us learn some Spanish, and just made the whole trip fun.

On the way back - the guides played games with the kids in the van - friendly service through to the very last second.

You gotta try this!

Visited March 2012
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Zumbrota, Minnesota
“Superb”
Reviewed 22 March 2012

Everyone was very friendly, prompt, and informative, and accommodating. Special thanks to Pablo, Zender,Carlos, Minor. We had a great time. We did the Safari tour, the Arenal hike and the Zip line. We also used Sunset tours for our transfers.
Thanks much

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Jason is the best guide ever!”
Reviewed 22 March 2012

Jason made our trip the best ever! Our river tour was awesome. We appreiciate the keen eyes Jason has and his determination that we see and enjoy the beauty of Arenal. Well worth the money and time! A must! Ask for Jason!

ny
114 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 136 helpful votes
“Canyoneering Fun -- Made My Vacation!”
Reviewed 13 March 2012

I have never jumped off a cliff before. Glad I did. Mario and his crew (sorry re: names guys) took us spud NY'ers and showed us that we can rappel, jump off cliffs, play in waterfalls, and keep us happy and thoroughly safe all through it. The course was meticulously designed by the leaders of the trip. The equipment was new and top notch. The sense of excitement that the leaders created really urged us on to the best adventure experience we've ever had. It is hard to be more positive and to recommend an activity more.

Somerville, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing guide really made the trip!”
Reviewed 12 March 2012

We took the Arenal volcano tour with our guide, Zander, who was fantastic. Zander spoke clearly about the geologic and ecological history of the area, and his enthusiasm for nature and love of his job really shone. We also enjoyed Zander's guidance at the "Hanging Bridges" tour near Arenal. He's a great birder as well! Sunset tours was always on time and accommodating.