Open today: 7:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
Amazing. Far more than a souvenir!

We recently got back from a trip to Costa Rica and we wanted something artistic and unique to bring... read more

Reviewed 22 August 2018
Jason C
Authentic local art

Leo’s was recommended to us by our hosts at the Treehouses Hotel and we were not disappointed. A... read more

Reviewed 13 August 2018

from US$ 56.00
from US$ 75.00
from US$ 74.00
More Info
All reviews cold coconut bought several wood carvings tree houses hotel costa rican art beautiful hand la fortuna juice highlight of our trip trip to costa rica proyecto asis gifts shop parrots artists prints trees
Reviewed 2 January 2018 via mobile

We visited this small souvenir shop on our way out of La Fortuna. The shop is about 30 minutes from downtown La Fortuna, close to Proyecto Asis. The shop is full of handcrafted wood items, many carved by the husband owner Leo and painted by his wife Marisol. We bought several nice pieces, but we were most impacted by the genuine hospitality and warmth from the owners. They greeted us with cold, fresh coconut juice from their garden and engaged us in great conversation. My daughters had a great time practicing their Spanish with Marisol. Before leaving, Leo presented each of us with a small wooden gift. This was a really unique experience, and if you are in the area, I would recommend visiting this shop.

Date of experience: December 2017
Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

Leo and his wife are artists and very nice people who do make you feel at home. Be warned- the shop is well outside of the main Arenal Fortuna area and the selection is small.

Date of experience: December 2017
Reviewed 4 September 2017

We were recommended to this artisan shop by our hotel so we took a quick drive to get a few family gifts. It was much more than we expected. The husband and wife team greeted us with a fresh coconut and gave us a tour of the store and history of its beginnings. The store was loaded with local artisanal goods that were priced very reasonably which they make many themselves on property. The store is adjacent to their home and we saw they had many birds that live outside on their property who are essentially like their children. We played with the birds and had a ball with them for over an hour. They were such a highlight of our trip and a must if you're in the area.

Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

The shop has a great selection of wood carvings and paintings at prices the same or cheaper than all the same shops in La Fortuna. The couple that owns the shop are extremely welcoming and offered a cold coconut. First time I had ever had one and it was delicious. They then offered us fresh fruit and showed us their Parrotts and parakeets. I bought most of my souvenirs there and do not regret it at all. You're best off buying from them and not the commercialized ones downtown.

Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

We absolutely loved the little souvenir shop. The owners were so helpful and sweet. We bought a bunch of things from them and they even gave me a free bracelet and a key change because we were staying at the Tree House. I can't rave enough about this souvenir shop, when I come back I will definitely visit them again.