“So-so”

US$ 152.00*
and up
Combination Tour with Hanging Bridges Waterfall Volcano Hike and Hot Springs
More attraction details
Owner description: The family owned and operated natural hot springs, which allow only a limited number of guests each day, provide a private, relaxing oasis during your vacation.There are five pools, one with a cascading waterfall, which reach up to 108 degrees Fahrenheit. There is no better way to unwind after a long day than by visiting the hot springs and treating your body to its naturally replenishing effects. When taking a break from the soothing hot springs, you can dine in the authentic, home-style Costa Rican restaurant.
Maryland
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“So-so”
Reviewed 3 March 2012

I must say I love Costa Rica! very beautiful, and touristy!! And with tourists come high prices,lol

First of all, I'm not a sit at the hot springs kind of guy! So maybe my opinion won't count for a lot or you will see it has very honest.

First of all the staff was great! Very courteous and a lot spoke English! The drinks they made at the bar were top notch!! They mixed a very good drink!!

The water area itself was rather small I thought. We arrived around 1730ish and at 1st it wasn't to bad, but shortly after 1800 it was getting very crowded! And good luck trying to find a chair to relax on! Very few lounge chairs to be had. And people usually claimed them with their personal belongings. After about an hr we had more than enough and was off to supper there.

The supper was very good. BUT it was too much food,lol Yes complaining about to much food, weird hey,lol They start ya off by bringing bowls of salad and rice and maybe another item or 2 and u serve urself, then the brought out 5 steaks and 5 chickens for the 5 of us! We only had 1 of each, so their were a lot of left over meat! why they didnt just ask if we wanted chicken or meat? And if ya wanted more just ask--instead we felt bad about the wasted food. not really a negative as the food was good.

We would prob not go back as the pools were rather crowded! I think they advertise 6 or 7 pools, but in reality,maybe its 2 0r 3 pools, just that they have the bigger pools segregated off in a few places, thus counting that as another pool. I can't comment on the price as I have no clue how much the pkg cost as the Mother N law paid (TY) I believe the drinks at poolside were $5

Bring flip flops as part of the trail from change room to pool isn't paved

pros:
Nice staff
Great Bar drinks (you pay on the honour system)
Food was good
They provide Locker with key and towels

So-so
Too much food

Negatives:
Too crowded
Not enough chairs poolside
Crowded changing room

Again I'm not a pool person, so for me t wasn't a great time! And I dont like being packed into a pool with other people either and if I'm by a pool a chair would be nice, but wasn't able to get one.

The inlaws are pool people and they said the hot springs at our hotel was far superior, as it was less crowded

1 Thank flames9
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 91 helpful votes
“Wonderful setting for hot springs - limited # of people”
Reviewed 3 March 2012

What I loved is that you must make a reservation (4 hour window you can use the pools) and they limit the number of people that can enter during that time. It was so nice that none of the pools were crowded (at all) and we thoroughly enjoyed both the cascading hot water and the relaxing soak.

Toronto, Canada
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Nice, not spectacular experience”
Reviewed 2 March 2012

All in all, a very nice, well-designed compact hot springs...natural setting, lush foliage, well-maintained (non-slimy) pools.

On the negative side, very difficult to procure reservations, which are a must in high season, dimly lit and minimal changing/bathroom facilities, cold showers (I heard from my husband, I wouldn't set foot in those showers) and a very odd dining experience, from being told when we HAD to have dinner as they had to accommodate a large group, no room when we did show up on time, and then throwing a little fit when we came back after a drink in the bar and being seated in an odd fluorescently-lit church-picnic type canopied area, the two of us at a long banquet table for 12. Very poor service aside, the food was good Costa Rican fare: chicken and fish with beans, rice and salad. There could have been dessert, we didn't stay to prolong this somewhat unpleasant dinner experience.

The springs were pleasant enough and much more comfortable and more to our liking than what we heard about the others, Baldi, in particular. Although our time slot was up to capacity, it didn't feel crowded and there weren't any rowdy drunks, just people enjoying themselves. Although, I'm not a Pina Colada person, the ambiance almost demanded I try one and I was not disappointed. Very tasty and enjoyable. They have the honour system, as has been mentioned in many reviews.

A pleasant, low-key experience. Just skip the dinner!

Birmingham, Alabama
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Favorite day of La Fortuna trip”
Reviewed 29 February 2012

This was absolutely spectacular, even in the rain, and the #1 reason we will return to La Fortuna!

Visited November 2011
Pittsfield, Massachusetts
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Relaxing and Intimate”
Reviewed 25 February 2012

Our tour operator recommended Ecotermales because she said it was more authentic Costa Rican hot springs experience. The setting was beautiful. Large pools, a waterfall, luscious landscaping, plenty of seating and when we arrived not many people. It was fun moving from pool to waterfall and exploring the grounds. The water was especially relaxing after a day of hiking.
After the pool we changed for dinner. The lighting in the locker room was inadequate, a problem we experienced throughout CR. Otherwise the facilities were fine.
Dinner was delicious. We were served pitchers of water and mango juice. Our entrees were accompanied by family style servings of rice and beans, salad and tortillas. It was a delightful evening and although we might try a different hot springs venue for comparison we were very satisfied with our experience at Ecotermales.